Author Topic: Woo - I passed my IVaP!  (Read 3257 times)

EHM-1199 Philip

Woo - I passed my IVaP!
« on: March 07, 2005, 07:37:24 pm »
Since first seeking help here two weeks ago I have been hooked on online flying and IVAO with the IVaP client seems just so easy.
I was at work today and checked my IVAO page and found I could put in for the theory test. Why not? I thought. I had no notion of what the questions would be but figured that at this level it would be a breeze. Note to self - next time taking an IVAO test do it at home with the FlightSim running to check up. Some of the questions were really quite tricky - lots of stuff that related entirely to use of the IVaP client that if you had it running in front of you would be easy to answer but blind was really a guess. Anyhow - passed and all is well - I have my first IVAO award for passing and can't wait to hit the 25hour mark in a couple of weeks and be promoted. (Just passed - achieved exactly the 75% pass mark but hey, a pass is a pass!)

One last online question - I understand my callsign if I'm online and flying an EHM flight but what if I log on to fly a short flight for pleasure and not from the EHM timetable. Last night for example I used my pilot number so my callsign was EHM1199. Is this OK or are there any other guidelines?

EHM-1343 Jonathan

Woo - I passed my IVaP!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2005, 08:08:28 pm »
Congrat son ur pass, and too righ, pass is a pass, however large/small the margain you pass by is

EHM-1566 Jesper

Woo - I passed my IVaP!
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2005, 08:33:53 pm »
Congratulations!!! :P:]:>:):D:8

EHM-1281 Cyriel

Woo - I passed my IVaP!
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2005, 08:58:37 pm »
congratulations on passing you Ivap exam. Good job!

As far as I know ( and I should know) there is no objection to using the Euroharmony callsign when flying online. Only if it is not an EHM flight you can not report it using a Pirep. When flying an EHM callsign it is ofcourse also you duty to behave in an Euroharmony professional manner

EHM-1571 Moris

Woo - I passed my IVaP!
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2005, 09:22:48 pm »
Congratulation..regarding EHM callsign I fly always with it:-))

EHM-1500 Jim

Woo - I passed my IVaP!
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2005, 10:10:48 pm »
Well done mate...have also just passed my second IVaP exam for flight captain and now have to do a practical...sounds a bit scary and dont think i'll be able to blag it quite as easily as the written part!!

EHM-1199 Philip

Woo - I passed my IVaP!
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2005, 10:48:22 pm »
Must admit the thought of a practical exam seems far more ... not threatening ... challenging. Good luck.