Author Topic: Getting flying online  (Read 3508 times)

EHM-0541 Kjell

Getting flying online
« on: March 27, 2005, 03:50:19 pm »
Hiya all.
In a few days (probably during next week) I`ll get ADSL broadband 24Mb at my place. Hopefully I`ll be able to enjoy u online flyers at IVAO, or vatsim.....or wherever.
Will study the online-guide to get a grip of it, and download all nessecary software.
I count on u online-guys to help me out when I get tech-questions (wich definatly will happens...).
Just wanted to share my news with ya all:8:s
See ya out there.

Regards.....Helix !!

EHM-1571 Moris

Getting flying online
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2005, 05:05:08 pm »
No problem..just com online:-)and ask.I will try to fly every evening one flight - think that IVAP going better and better for me. I didn't have deadlocks last few flights:-))

.. and Happy easter to all of you

EHM-1365 Benjamin

Getting flying online
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2005, 06:01:29 pm »
Hi Helix,

Great news....you will find that flying online is a huge improvment of offline flying once you get to grips with it. You'll wonder 'what was I doing for all those years??':)
We will be awaiting your questions....;)

Best regards,

EHM-0541 Kjell

Getting flying online
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2005, 12:49:24 pm »
Thanx guys!
Knew there should be no problems to get help from other EHM-pilots.....thats the spirit(karma) of EHM.
Already have a few tech-problems thou, wich I need to get solved first.
There is a wireless network between my surf computer and my fs computer that wont communicate.
However, this isn`t the right place to discuss that problem, i know.  Will fix this somehow, and then see ya guys in the sky.

BTW...at IVAO....is it possible to connect as "spectator"?  eg...no flying, just watch listen and learn?

EHM-1571 Moris

Getting flying online
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2005, 02:52:48 pm »
As far as I know (maybe I am wrong - I didn't try that possibility ever) - you connect with nickname like EHM541_OBS on Ivap.

EHM-0001 Gergely

Getting flying online
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2005, 03:53:26 pm »
Hi,

with IvAp you can't be a 'spectator'... you can't just stay there and listen, as you'll soon be disconnected because of inactivity.

However, you can connect as observer with the ATC client, IvAc, and look at the aircraft movements, and listen to the communication.

It's not even needed to connect to the network, you can connect only to a voice (TeamSpeak) server and listen to a channel.

Gergely

EHM-0541 Kjell

Getting flying online
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2005, 10:18:53 pm »
Hi Chief.
Once upon a time i did connect to vatsim... i think, using roger wilco, just to observe and listen.  After a few minutes atc started to contact me.  Dont ask me about what, but i heard my name called.  
If I dont mismind, I had to join up in a plane to be able to watch the scene at that particular airport.
Unfortunately, at that time I got "cold feets" and logged out....brrr...hahaha;D
But I can tell...I had a real hard time hearing what was said in RW between atc and pilots.   Everyone were speaking so unclear and fast that I couldn`t  catch more than a few short phrases of what was going on.   Made me thinking,....uuhh, how will I ever manage to sucess in this....brrr, with my baaaad english (speaking.....not typing/reading).
Now however, I feel ready to give it a go;)

BTW...got my ADSL connected today, but not without  problems (ofcourse).  Can be connected for appr 1-2 minutes....then it drops the line for appr 2 min.....finds it again just to drop it again after a short while.....eeeeek.
There it goes...on...off....on....off.  Perkelle piss satana helvitte.

Well well....will talk to adsl-support tomorrow or so.  Must be a fault with the line...not my equipment.

Gonna catch u guys up at IVAO as soon as I get my stuff here working properly.  BFN.

anything