Author Topic: April Monthly Fly-in discussion space  (Read 9222 times)

Offline EHM-1442 Luis

• FL100
April Monthly Fly-in discussion space
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2005, 06:17:18 pm »
My first Fly-in experience
No voice, only text.
Dep - LSZH
Arr   - LPPT
Departure time was 1930z, so i arrived at 1900z and already were some Euroharmony's aircrafts.
I studied the diagram of the airport and noticed that somebody arrived in the gate behind me. It was Murray Crane.
However some Euroharmony's guys, are already flying. So i decided to request my departure procedures to the controll.
Cleared to taxi and hold to rwy32, i was taxing and in last minute controll says--" crosswinds rwy in use is 28".
No problem, i hold at rwy28, cleared to take off and here we go.
Gaining speed i saw an airplane very close to the track, at my left, i passed in front of him without problems.
Reaching my cruise level at 30000ft, i sent a private msg to our CEO Bruno.
No answer, and he disappear from Servinfo. His mother just shuted down the house's electric power.
Over France, Marseille controller, sent me to FL310.....i was flying to west so it must be a even flight level, but no problem i climb to FL310. Behind me i heard Murray saying something about it to the Marseille controller.
At the Spanish Airspace i saw in Servinfo, one aircraft and two names on it,..eheheh....Murray and Kendy were flying to near each other, maybe in formation.
I didn't read the forum before departure, and chose the route to ELVAR.
Entered Portuguese Airspace at FL300 and Controller sent me to FL110.
From now my bad luck started. He sent me direct to ESP vor, i did it in my GPS.My heading was 245 dct to ESP. Few minutes later he sent me heading 250 and pass me to LPPT_APP, i was 20nm to ESP yet, and LPPT_APP say's..." descend to 3000ft, turn right immediatly direct to CP(Caparica NDB), contact LPPT_TWR"...hmmmmm  goes to be an hard angle to intercept the ILS for rwy 03, I thought.
Contacted LPPT_TWR, he sent me back to LPPT_APP, and he sent me again to LPPT_TWR...ehehehhe..like a tenis ball.
In this moment i intercepted the ILS, and my frames descend from 85fps to 8 fps.....everything was jumping in my screen. I inform LPPT_TWR full Ils est.
He must clear me to land or not. I was aligned with the rwy and he cleared to land another guy. Few seconds after this i thought in a missed approach and LPPT_TWR say's.."Correction clear EHM1442"...eheheh...so i go to try to land( my mistake, try to land with 8fps is almost impossible).
I entered on the side of the rwy and eat all the grass, until the end. stoped sideways in a taxiway.......eheheheheh...."Correction...eheheheh" I said to LPPT_TWR.
I try to taxi and i had the engines with different powers, and the aircraft goes sideways......eheheheheh...
Finally i parked the aircraft ,and went to bed.....but i was not able to sleep , there was a nightmare.......landing.....eheheh

The incredible Blah..Blah....

Luis Nunes

EHM-1365 Benjamin

April Monthly Fly-in discussion space
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2005, 07:08:52 pm »
;D;D Great little story that.....better than a lot of books around.....makes me wish I was there even more though :'(