Author Topic: Monthly Fly-in pictures (sun)  (Read 5166 times)

EHM-1638 Nichlas

Monthly Fly-in pictures (sun)
« on: May 24, 2005, 10:24:05 pm »
Hello...

Thank you all for a wonderfull flight from EHAM-EDDT..

Here are some of my pics... enjoy...

Hope to see you all and more on the next event :)

Chasing Chris..

EHM-1627 Chris

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2005, 12:19:59 am »
yes ok just rub in the fact that i was last!!!

nice screenshots...wasn't that sunset nice!!!

although i couldn't see you due to my earlier problems, it was a very good light...thanks for slowing down for me yeah!!!

See You Again In The Skys

EHM-1199 Philip

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2005, 02:02:54 am »
Hi,

Just out of interest is anybody else favouring a later fly in time. I can't guarantee  I can regularly make any time but the current 1930GMT is too early for my family committments. A later time of 2100 GMT would be likely to see me find an hour or so. Is anybody else finding early times coillide with family committments or is it just me?

EHM-1281 Cyriel

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2005, 09:12:27 am »
The time for the Fly-in was set at 19.30GMT as there are also people in timezones + GMT. e.g all people outside the UK and Portugal I think are at +1GMT. People like Gergely are even at +2GMT. So for them 19.30 = 21.30 and already quite late. I think we also have a lot of younger members for whom the arrival time maybe geting too late.

I guess we could have some later fly-in's if we have some in the weekend or on Friday evenings.

EHM-1638 Nichlas

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2005, 09:37:45 am »
Im GMT+2 so a later time would be difficult for me.

Also if flying over Europe, then there wouldnt be as much ATC coverage in the later hours. Weekends is maybe the solution.

EHM-1343 Jonathan

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2005, 10:59:46 am »
Well at the moment i am of full support of the times, however i think mabey there should be a few later fly-ins just to keep our pilots like Phill occupied, also on Friday nights, Europe is full of ATC so mabey we could stagger the events, have one group taking off at an earlier time and another group taking off later!

That way we're all happy;D

EHM-1343 Jonathan

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2005, 11:35:25 am »
Also Chris, me and you should take quicker planes next time, although i had a jet, it was a brick with wings and two hairdryers for engines, i'm taking an A310 next time!

EHM-1500 Jim

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2005, 06:18:34 pm »
I agree Phil that a few later fly ins may be a good idea - i have baby to feed and bath etc which tends to be around 19:30 in the UK so getting on-line can be a bit fraught - i except that this cant be for every fly in though so no problem....

EHM-1627 Chris

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2005, 05:44:37 pm »
Originally posted by Razza
Also Chris, me and you should take quicker planes next time, although i had a jet, it was a brick with wings and two hairdryers for engines, i'm taking an A310 next time!

Yeah i used the fastest plane i had installed!!!

although being class 4 now...i have got some jets!!!
i have to adjust to planes you see, so i know where everything is!!! (being very slow...this is quite a long process) so i like to stick to one plane in each class!!!
Last Was the Saab, and now the Emerader (think that's how it's spelt) is my fav.

The times for me are fine, although i do agree that their should maybe be one at the weekend, and also maybe there could be more regular...they are really great, but i guess that they must take alot of arranging

EHM-1617 Iain

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2005, 06:06:25 pm »
This is the way I see it.

The times are OK. Just keep varying the days, some on weekends, some on thursdays, some mondays etc. Cos I and other little uns (13) have after school stuff on some days, so if they were all on tuesday then I couldn't make any. Weekends are cool too.

Also plz don't make them any later cos I have to get up at 6:45 for school so I can't really do much after 11pm.

And keep the flyins comin. Also looking forward the the EGCC training program hint hint...;)

EHM-1199 Philip

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2005, 10:24:56 pm »
My situation is as Dr. Hoyles. My wife is totally understanding of my need to hole up in the conservatory talking to foreign air traffic controllers sat by their PCs around Europe but becomes wholly intolerant if this is around children's bedtimes and she is left to fend alone:( (That is 1930 to 2030 GMT)

EHM-1500 Jim

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2005, 10:42:43 pm »
Phil...does your wife really understand??? Mine thinks i'm a sandwich short of a picnic!!

EHM-1199 Philip

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2005, 11:17:46 am »
:)

Understand was perhaps putting it a little strongly Doc.

She has been known to point and laugh on occasions and even talks in 'tongue in cheek' radio speak ... eg. 'Roger Wilco - wife here flying into the kitchen ... want a cup of tea ... over and out'.

I have suggested she become my trolly dolly but I don't think it's going to happen :)

EHM-1343 Jonathan

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2005, 11:26:26 am »
Putting the topic back on subject, i thought i might get some reaction from the Forum about my photos, sadly no comments in the SSL

Here is mine after departing with Jim chasing me in his modern bird, me in my rust bucket lol,

with out further hold, tah dah....

EHM-1500 Jim

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2005, 08:04:20 am »
Nice shot Razza, good to see the old bird still flys......have you got the PMDG B1900D??

EHM-1343 Jonathan

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2005, 05:19:28 pm »
No, was considering but i prefer flying jets, Beech 1900's aren't for me :|

EHM-1627 Chris

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2005, 11:27:40 am »
Yeah the jets are soo much better...so glad i can now fly them!!!