Author Topic: I know it sounds stupids but...  (Read 4896 times)

Offline EHM-1358 Tim

• Intergalactic!!
I know it sounds stupids but...
« on: April 20, 2004, 09:22:07 pm »
Ive kinda flicked through the rules and I think (dont flame me if I wrong). You can fly a class 7 flight with a class 1 plane. Its silly but imagine the Jetstream going to some place in Brazil from EGLL.

Sorry if its silly, just one of my crazy thoughts:o

EHM-0588 Paul

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2004, 09:35:31 pm »
You need to install extra fuel tanks for that flight. There are no waterplanes in our hangar.

How about flying a class 7 aircraft on a class 1 flight.  Some airports a way to small to handle a big jet. ;D

EHM-1199 Philip

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2004, 11:15:53 pm »
In the days before the big crash I once had my wrist slapped for flying a class three or four flight in a VFA aircraft. Apparantly this rule doesn't apply for VFA. I had a great day mind flying from Spain to London in a Cessna. (About five hours if my memory serves me right).

Offline EHM-0962 Zhen Yi

• Martian transfer
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2004, 09:53:59 am »
the manual says that class 7 flights can only be flown with class 7 planes......hope that answered your question! ;D
Singapore vACC Controller (S1)
Clearance Delivery Training

EHM-1036 Ian

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2004, 10:38:49 am »
In the days before the big crash I once had my wrist slapped for flying a class three or four flight in a VFA aircraft.

VFA fleet decription clearly says ....
you are allowed to borrow any of the VFA aircraft for personal purposes!

and the Ops manual also says
It’s recommended to fly a flight with the same class plane (e.g. a Class 3 flight with a Class 3 plane). However it is allowed to:
- fly a Class 1-3 flight with any Class 1-3 plane of the same division (e.g. a Class 2 flight with a Class 3 plane)
- fly a Class 4-6 flight with any Class 4-6 plane of the same division (e.g. a Class 6 flight with a Class 4 plane)

You mustn’t fly a flight with a plane of another division (e.g. a Charter flight with a Cargo plane). Class 7 flights have to be flown only with the same division Class 7 aircraft.

EHM-1034 Kris

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2004, 01:55:09 pm »
I personaly stick with Class 1 planes, for Class 1 flights, Class 2 planes for Class 2 flights, etc. I don't know why, but trust me its fun ;D (<-see me smiling!!!)

EHM-1201 Scott

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2004, 02:52:38 pm »
Well i mean if you really wanted to, you could just make a lot of stops on the way while flying a Class 1 plane on a Class 7 flight. You may not be able to submit it because your passengers would probably hate you from not using a bigger plane, but its possible! ;D

EHM-0813 Guillermo

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2004, 02:58:02 pm »
Originally posted by Tim
Ive kinda flicked through the rules and I think (dont flame me if I wrong). You can fly a class 7 flight with a class 1 plane. Its silly but imagine the Jetstream going to some place in Brazil from EGLL.

Sorry if its silly, just one of my crazy thoughts:o

it is allowed, but I don't think anyone would be stupid enough to make a transatlantic flight in a Beech 1900D, lol

EHM-1199 Philip

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2004, 04:31:55 pm »
Originally posted by Gizmo2k4

it is allowed, but I don't think anyone would be stupid enough to make a transatlantic flight in a Beech 1900D, lol

Sounds like a challenge to me Gizmo.;)

Let's say - using only the data for the Euroharmony Beech 1900D, is it possible to make a transatlantic flight and plan it with reasonable safety for passengers - i.e. not landing on fumes?
(Obviously not flyable for EHM as the Beech can only fly class 1-3 as explained by Ian.)

Here's a question for those more familiar with the rule book than me:

Is it the flight or the plane that denotes the class? I would guess it is the plane. Therefore, can a class four pilot (FC) fly flights intended for class six planes if he/she uses a class four plane?

Offline EHM-0005 Maarten

• Martian transfer
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2004, 07:18:41 pm »
From the Operations Manual; 5.3 Ranking:

... (of course it's the pilot's responsibility to choose a plane that is suitable for the flight, e.g. he won't fly a 100 nm route with a 747 or a transcontinental flight with a turboprop).

PIREPS from pilots who made a flight with the flight details as described above, will be removed.

Offline EHM-1358 Tim

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2004, 09:33:26 pm »
:%
Just saying it was only an crazy idea people no need to get strest out over it.

anything