Author Topic: FS2crew or FSPassenger ?  (Read 6084 times)

EHM-1500 Jim

FS2crew or FSPassenger ?
« on: June 07, 2006, 12:04:13 pm »
Guys, wonder if you can help me out. I am thinking about buying one of these two add-ons to increase the realism a bit. I have no experience of either FS2crew or FSPassenger and would appreciate any comments good or bad from any of you who use either of them.
Can you use both of them together??
Cheers all, Jim

EHM-1633 José

FS2crew or FSPassenger ?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 12:09:05 pm »
I have FSPassengers and it works great. Not only fills with passengers your plane, but also, it allows you to create and manage your own VA.

EHM-1821 Javier

FS2crew or FSPassenger ?
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 12:28:32 pm »
FSpassengers is better as it is not just for 1 aircraft but for all that you have, although you may have to search for some extra payload models...

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
FS2crew or FSPassenger ?
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 12:48:53 pm »
Jim, to give you much the same answer I gave Matt Haywood:-

They are very different beasts and "test" your abilities in two different ways.

• FS2crew provides you with a full virtual crew. The FO does all the things an FO is expected to do. When he's the PM, he does all the PM checklists, when he's PIC, he does all the PIC thing (and you are expected to do the PM things). Passengers do not feature in the FS2Crew world. The cabin crew "look after the passengers (announcments and that's it. It doesn't have "real" passengers like FSP does.)
  • FSPassengers turns things around and makes your flying necessarily passenger oriented. Yes it has virtual crew, but they don't do stuff to aid you overly as a pilot (sure, you can turn on "Cabin crew look after the passenger automatically, but that just makes them serve food/drink as soon as you turn off the seatbelt signs) You are graded, and "paid" on the flight experience as seen by the passengers.
In theory, it would be possible the run both FS2C and FSP on the same flight (you'd want to turn off one of the two's sound). FSP will make you think about the flight experience a lot more, planning journey times and fuel loads; arriving at the gate within a few seconds of schedule and with naught but your reserves. FS2C will make you a better pilot in command, following the checklists and interacting with the FO just like they do in real life.

Now, as an owner of both, I get more use out of FSP, but I bought FS2C for the default 737 recently (so I can use my PM setup with it) and I'm using it any time I'm in the B738 now, and remembering why I loved it in the first place - the workload drops out through the floor with "someone else" doing half of everything.
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-1821 Javier

FS2crew or FSPassenger ?
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 01:09:24 pm »
Originally posted by Murray Crane
Didn't you ask this question not that long ago Javier? ;)

did i?  maybe i forgot...

i dont rememer thinking of buying FS2crew

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
FS2crew or FSPassenger ?
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 03:11:17 pm »
Originally posted by 1821
did i?  maybe i forgot...

Might have been anyone, what with the Altseimers... ;D

/me finally gets around to searching for his original reply...

EDIT: Javier, many apologies. You replied a few times in the thread I was thinking of ("FS Passengers" in Flight Sim) but the origin of the thread was Matt Haywood.
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-1821 Javier

FS2crew or FSPassenger ?
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 07:34:12 pm »
lol, everybody gets confused about something at some point;D

no need to apologise;D

EHM-1500 Jim

FS2crew or FSPassenger ?
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006, 10:57:06 am »
Cheers for the help guys, especially Murray, think i will go with FS2crew for now and will report back!!

EHM-1568 Jojo

FS2crew or FSPassenger ?
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2006, 04:17:14 am »
The career mode in the FsPassanger need quite a lot flight hour until you can fly a large Plane such Dash Q400, but overall this is cool add on for your flight simulator

EHM-1633 José

FS2crew or FSPassenger ?
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2006, 09:06:12 am »
But it isnĀ“t necessary that you start a career.;D You may disable this option at start, this allows you to fly any aircraft you want and also you can see your rank, so personally I think this way is better.