Author Topic: Manchester EGCC Fly-in !  (Read 3685 times)

EHM-0641 Rico

Manchester EGCC Fly-in !
« on: April 24, 2006, 12:36:22 am »
The GB-division Events Department is proud to announce the first of their regular fly-in events.....

EHM-0641 Rico

Manchester EGCC Fly-in !
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 12:37:14 am »
I hope allot of you join !!  EGLL will also be fully staffed as one of the departure/arrival airports!!

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
Manchester EGCC Fly-in !
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 01:14:15 am »
As it's our Training Airport, maybe we (meaning Murray :P ) could arrange something for the New guys who want to give IVAO a try. Nothing better for a busy controller than somebody who has never flown on IVAO before :)

I must admit, IVAO GB has a busy week coming up with the usual Friday online night, Saturday Toronto Transatlantic, Sunday Manchester, then Wednesday VFR "Prop, Prop, Prop" event! It's getting to be a busy division and with the ATC getting better and better over the UK I think it's becoming a great place to fly. (EHM also has a lot of UK controllers, Ben, Iain, Rico, Conrad to name but a few that I have seen this week)
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

EHM-0641 Rico

Manchester EGCC Fly-in !
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 03:13:10 am »
That would be a great idea indeed Phil!

And true, IVAO GB is in the proces of becoming very/even more active then is already is/was. Busy weeks!! If I'm not mistaken we had like 4-5 ATC exams last week alone ! and several training sessions! And I myself spend like 8-12 hours a day as EGLL ATC. Also I've noticed that allot of the same persons staff different positions every day in UK airspace. Pilots are getting used to seeing evertime they fly the same persons on ATC. I for instance seeing some callsigns, I know by memory who they are, and what their prefs. are as they are regular flyers into LHR

Also allot of EHM pilots and flights going in and out.. I have at least 2-3 a day at Heathrow...

Anywayzz everyone, be sure to check out the events page, as it's loaded with ATC schedules, routes and airport information to fly to or from!!

Cheers!

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
Manchester EGCC Fly-in !
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 08:34:07 am »
Bit short notice, but there's no reason not to endorse any new pilots that would like to learn about IVAO taking part in this event.

Further, if any of us that know how to fly/ATC aren't already going to be busy next Sunday (me for starters), we can open a small field in advance of this event for "pre-solo" training for the IVAO "newbs" - hold a "lecture" on what you need to be doing at each stage and so forth, maybe even fly a circuit for each new pilot for "testing". (Any pilots that want to volunteer for this and haven't already turned on "I want to ATC" in their IVAO profile should do so before the event, it'll just make it easier if the teaching staff are all "ATC"...)

Having said that, who would be interested if such an event were organised? If it's only going to be one or two pilots, I can do that myself easily enough, many more and I'd appreciate assistance.

BenH, *if* you're not already busy with the Manchester event, and this proposed pre-training event goes ahead, any chance you can hang around after so we can discuss APP/DEP?
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-1358 Tim

• Intergalactic!!
Manchester EGCC Fly-in !
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2006, 10:48:29 am »
I will join in as it is my home airport! :>

EHM-0641 Rico

Manchester EGCC Fly-in !
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2006, 12:44:00 pm »
Murray, Ben is scheduled as Manchester Tower for the event if I'm not mistaken ;)

anything