Author Topic: London Heathrow\'s 60th Birthday Event  (Read 16823 times)

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
London Heathrow\'s 60th Birthday Event
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2006, 09:54:16 pm »
EHM5037-0 18:30 20:15 EHM0978 (Bruno Falcao)
EHM5037-1 18:35 20:20 EHM0654 (Murray Crane)
EHM5037-2 18:40 20:25 EHM1343 (Jonathan Rasmussen)
EHM5037-3 18:45 20:30 EHM1883 (Matt Haywood)
EHM5037-4 18:50 20:35 EHM1592 (Niels Kalis)
EHM5037-5 18:55 20:40 EHM0744 (Alex Blanco)
EHM5037-6 19:00 20:45 EHM1617 (Iain Butler)
EHM5037-7 19:05 20:50 EHM1798 (Conrad Oldcorn)
EHM5037-8 19:10 20:55

(Where are the HTML tables when you actually need them...)

;D

There's been a fairly major update to the event page too... First of the presents from Fly UK (and I expect the second any second now...) Expect a chart pack too...
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-E4S

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2006, 11:58:59 pm »
just a few more days to go, and then we'll all be up in the air together!

Just making sure, the timetable is UTC isn't it? or is it local time?

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2006, 08:31:25 am »
We're working UTC (Zulu). When Luke from Fly UK sends back the event PDF for me to upload, you'll see their documentation is in UK local (with UTC as an afterthought...)
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-E4S

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2006, 10:33:28 am »
ok! Thanks!;D

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2006, 10:43:40 am »
IMPORTANT INFO!!!

I'm practicing this event a butt-load at the moment, want it to go with as few hitches as I can manage, and this morning's METAR has made me realise that should we have a 32s departure from LFML, we won't be able to go via MTL as the first VOR after SID - there is no MTL SID for the 32s.

I suspect the routing from AVN won't be too far away from what we already have, but I'll post a second route *ON THE EVENT PAGE* just in case...

EDIT: Very easy... updated the event page with all departure information, but basically if we require a 32 dep, that's AVN7C, and AVN to MTL is UZ16.
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-1798 Conrad

« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2006, 11:08:46 am »
a late entry but if possible can i take the:

EHM5037-7 19:05 20:50 slot after Ian in the B738?

cheers

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2006, 11:21:08 am »
Done... (I did warn IVAO-FR that I expected the pilot list from EHM to grow before the event... It's doubled since I sent the email last night!)
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-0744 Alex

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2006, 07:16:45 pm »
OK guys I have a slight problem, I sealed my flight yesterday but today I noticed I had done so with the wrong time slots so I decided to change it, great, it doesnt let me delete. I've made another flight with callsing EHM-5037-5 instead of EHM5037-5, I hope this is not a problem.

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2006, 09:11:43 pm »
Nope, that's fine Alex. IVAO won't mind what the flight number is as long as it's unique.
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2006, 11:34:20 pm »
Guys as I can't gaurantee I'm able to make it in time for the fly in, I have booked myself a flight from EHAM-EGLL (EHM5001) departing Amsterdam at 20:30z.

Hope everyone has a great time, I just wish I could be there to join you.
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2006, 06:23:31 pm »
Final update to the event page has been made, all the downloads from Fly UK are in place (thanks Luke, best of luck on the night...)
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-E4S

« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2006, 06:39:36 pm »
A problem has occured.

I am 90% sure I can make my flight, just one problem has occured. A virus has got onto my computer.

I have two computers in my house. This one hasn't got flight simulator on it, the other one has, which now has a virus.

I've called the "computer guy" and he says he'll be in at 09:00(z) tomorrow. My flight is at 18:45z, so if he gets it fixed, I can do the flight. If he can't, I can't.

I'll let everyone know if I can't do it by 12:00z, just in case anybody will fill me in. I'd really like to do this flight, as it's a once in a decade chance, so hopefully it's just spyware that can easily be defeated.

If any of you can help, here is whats wrong:

computer will switch on
Desktop background has been switched by idiots who gave me the virus
can't access internet
big brother (spyware) is watching me.
all programs are there, but not clickable.

I really hope I don't have to do all that uninstall install.

I have Norton, but it's a bit like EuroHolidays. It goes on holiday when it wants to.

EHM-0641 Rico

« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2006, 06:43:51 pm »
I just saw you flying online outta LHR :%

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2006, 07:39:55 pm »
Originally posted by EHM-E4S
A problem has occured.

all programs are there, but not clickable.

Norton...

Matt,

Given you're young, I'm gonna guess that software purchasing isn't your "domain" (it's up to your folks is what I'm hinting at...)

As an IT professional I have nothing but disdain for anything written by the Symantec Corporation. It's universally slow and memory hoggy, and uninstalling is a pig of a job (and the company I work for uses Symantec AV Corporate... not my choice I hasten to add)

Try to convince your folks to buy either BitDefender AV or Kaspersky AV. I recommend both equally (I prefer Kaspersky but use BItDefender... go figure...)

Now, when you say your backdrop has changed, and you can't click on programs (I assume you mean on the desktop) that sounds for all the world like the old "take a screengrab of the desktop, make that screengrab the backdrop, hide/delete all the icons on the desktop..." gag. Does the start menu still work? Use the Windows key (with the flag on it) rather than the mouse...

Check your profile ( C:\Documents and Settings\<username> ) in Windows Explorer (WinKey+E) see if there *is* a Desktop folder in there, and if it still has contents... Have you tried booting into safe mode (with network) and seen if Network works OK there. It may not be quite as bad as it first looks...

Finally, there are a lot of "free" anti-virus tools out there if you still have Internet access. Avast! is free for home users, works well enough, and is what I use on all my FS PCs (I run a total of 5 PCs for flight sim, needless to say I only use BitDefender on two - my main PC (this one) and my laptop, as per the licensing agreement that comes with BitDefender... all the rest have Avast!)
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-E4S

« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2006, 08:11:51 pm »
thanks murray!

It is up to my parents mainly.

I had norton antivirus, then it ran out during this. I'll see what happens.

Thanks for the info:>

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2006, 09:28:43 pm »
EVENT UPDATE: IainB has given me (hopefully one last) an updated copy of his Heathrow Procedures document. If you've already downloaded, make sure you get this updated version,
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-E4S

« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2006, 12:00:53 am »
Good news!

My dad got the adaware and norton working! Everything is back to normal, except my desktop background which the IT guy tomorrow is going to help with. I can make the flight!

EHM-E4S

« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2006, 10:15:30 am »
I just want to ask one more thing. I'm using that PMDG instead, but in the FMC, I can't find either SIDS, AVN7C and MTL7B. Also, everytime i put in an airway entry (to the left of the VOR, ISEC, NDB) it always says INVALID ENTRY. Should I just ignore this, and do a flight that uses DIRECT, or is there a problem?

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2006, 02:06:33 pm »
Eep! You've not got a "complete" NAVDATA install there Matt, and as I said in my post in your other thread about FMCs, now is not the time to go looking for it, especially with the PMDG FMC.

But, to point you in the right direction, you'll need the PMDG AIRAC and all-in-one SID/STAR package from http://www.navdata.at just for starters...

The one resource I can't point you at is Terry Yingling's SIDSTAR package (best there is for the PMDG), 'cause his site appears to have fallen off the intarweb.

Best of luck.
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-E4S

« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2006, 03:51:55 pm »
Well, at least I've tried the flight and can get to Heathrow. I'm sorry about all this.

I've taken your advice, and not start installing things, but I had a look at the files and where do you put the all in one sid/star package?

I'll start this stuff when the event is done. For now, I'm going to try my best in the flight, and hopefully, it will go well.

I'd like to thank you for so much help!

EHM-E4S

« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2006, 04:25:39 pm »
I've got all the charts. I was thinking maybe I could somehow just follow the Chart without an FMC, and use FSnavigator to tell me where to go, so at least I can get out of there.

At Heathrow, everything is fine. The FMC will accept BIG3B

EHM-E4S

« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2006, 04:51:52 pm »
actually, I've just done the flight. I can do it. Sorry about all these posts! I've found ways around all this, and it still takes after the route everyone else is taking.

Offline EHM-1592 Niels

• Climbing
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2006, 07:42:24 pm »
Yeah great, why do i have connection problems today. Well sorry guys i'm not there, have fun.
"...and this is the very first Fokker airplane built. The Dutch call it the mother Fokker."

EHM-E4S

« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2006, 08:05:15 pm »
something weird just happened to me.

While I was taking off, suddenly, the plane twisted itself round, and then crashed upside down. Weird things have been happening on my computer, and I think that there's something seriously wrong with my computer. It keeps on crashing, and weird things just happen. If you saw this happen to me while taking off, can you please describe what it looked like from your view, as I just sat still during the whole thing.

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2006, 09:30:06 pm »
Don't be too sad Matt, you're not the only "victim" of this event...

Conrad "crashed" out (literally) over Paris, and my FS died on the approach to OCK VOR for the hold (had been going for a long time before that...)

I'm watching it in IVAC now (uses way less resources than FS, unsurprisingly...) and my hat is off to those pilots still flying - Chapeau!
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON