Author Topic: London Heathrow\'s 60th Birthday Event  (Read 16803 times)

EHM-E4S

London Heathrow\'s 60th Birthday Event
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2006, 09:33:56 pm »
wow. I feel sorry for all those people. It's a terrible shame how this all happened. Especially on a great event.

I wonder whether it's because there was to much traffic.

EHM-1343 Jonathan

« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2006, 10:07:39 pm »
Thats why my PC died;D:$

EHM-1798 Conrad

« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2006, 11:04:11 pm »
yeh count your selves lucky lol, before i knew it some pilot flew up my backside at FL340, yes FL340 and then the next thing i knew...

"Fspassengers - You have crashed" - then the funerall music came on..blah blah, Conrad R. Oldcorn died today in a plane crash.....

was not impressed, now my FSPAX company is bankrupt, with a dead pilot and no survivers lol.

UKV1122 - Lee

« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2006, 11:14:53 pm »
nightmare mate well Im defo not guilty I was at FL360 and way behind you.

but you could go to the fsp site there is a bit of kit that will allowyou revive your pilot rather than lose your company.

the link is this http://www.fspassengers.com/?action=download&files=421_Resurect.zip

or view on this page

http://www.fspassengers.com/?action=download&cat=Tools+and+Doc&sort=Date&page=0&search=&searchtype=Title&download=submit

hope this helps

cheers

Lee

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2006, 11:43:59 pm »
LOL! Sorry Laughing with you Conners, not at you! lol Well sorry I couldn't make the fly in, I didn't finish work until 20:10Z so I jumped straight on and flew over from EHAM. I watched Gergley land from the stack at Lambourne! 34 minutes in the Hold! lol

My sincere thanks and congrats go to all the IVAO ATC staff involved from our airline (Ben & Rico) **EDIT and Fly UKV **EDIT** It was by far the best event I have ever participated in. I can't believe you guys didn't lose it with some of us pillocks although I must admit, I wasn't happy when I got a runway change at 6 miles out! lol

GREAT GREAT GREAT is all I can say!
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

EHM-1798 Conrad

« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2006, 11:53:48 pm »
cheers there Lee, yeh i dont have a clue who it was, 50/50 fault between me and the other pilot, wasnt aware of TCAS screaming at me lol, ill keep the sound on next time :P

EHM-E4S

« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2006, 12:04:23 am »
I did a flip. I must say actually, even though I never got to fly properly, Doing a backward flip and then having wind push me over was the best rollercoaster someone can have!

It really was monty pythons flying circus up there!

"can't believe you guys didn't lose it with some of us pillocks although I must admit"

Pillocks? You weren't refering to me were you?

EHM-0641 Rico

« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2006, 01:11:21 am »
This was just awesome!!

The best event I ever participated in !! 300+!! Traffics, of wich 190 went through me as arrivals... just incredible!

300+, divided by 10 hours, makes 30+ traffics an hour, what makes 1 plane every 2 minutes...Sound like a llot of airports we all know in RL

Traffic flow was good, considering some pilots spend 34 minutes in a stack/hold :%

And with opening 27R also for arrivals the flow became even better...
I barely had time to put a bottle of beer to my mouth hahaha... managed to sneak 3 6-packs through though !  ;D

Though sometimes pilots actions almost gave me multiple strokes and heart attacks, it was great to watch and even greater to participate in. The highest 'in sequence" number I isued was 7, and pilots were sometimes getting landing clearances as low as 300ft ! :o

I had a blast and I'm sure ya'll had also !!

All I can say is: "Up to the next one" :8

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2006, 01:18:27 am »
Great event.

Congratulations to all of you!

I got 20 mins on hold, stepping down from FL120 to 7000ft ;) ..

Was nice, and I think i lost a little my head with you Rico (i dont remember) because you gave me clearance about 500ft before landing and I was starting to get annoyed with it!

Sorry, was the excitement...

Regards,

EHM-0641 Rico

« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2006, 06:23:01 am »
Hahaha, I realy don't remember Bruno, might be :]  I remember you coming in and all, but not what was said ;D

I had to get used to the low clearances also at first, but that's how it goes at LHR in RL too...Pilots have to land with hands on throttle for if they get issued a G/O

I hope ya'll had fun and hope too see you at our next event!!

And a big hooray for Murray also.. nicely prepared and done m8..! the events page is just awesome and easy too use!! What would we do with out you !!

Regards,

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2006, 08:24:23 am »
Originally posted by EHM-0641
And a big hooray for Murray also.. nicely prepared and done m8..! the events page is just awesome and easy too use!! What would we do with out you !!

Have someone else doing it, of course... ;)

Rico, I'm just sorry I didn't have the opportunity to approach/land... I had flown that flight about a dozen times in the days and weeks before without any problems at all... last night everything went T.U. Had to make do with "monitoring" Bruno and Iain landing...
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-0744 Alex

« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2006, 10:24:26 am »
I was put on hold over TIGER, and only had about 30 min. left of internet time, my dad had to do some important stuff. A few minutes later we got a notice over the TS channel expecting 60 min. of delay. I decided to disconnect rather than cause problems closer to EGLL. So I couldnt finish the flight... I was pretty sad about it. More reason to try harder on the next one.

Cheers to all who participated.

Alex;)

EHM-E4S

« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2006, 11:24:42 am »
It was a shame that I wasn't able to get there. Marseille was so busy that I didn't want to face Heathrow!

anything