Author Topic: EHM Air race!  (Read 8554 times)

Offline EHM-1358 Tim

• Intergalactic!!
EHM Air race!
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2006, 11:08:13 am »
Originally posted by José Rodríguez
I understand your point of view, but how and who is going to set the start (I mean where is going to be the start line and the finish) and how pilots are going to be able to form a line in the air to start the race.
Departing from KATL or KLAX would be OK, but i don´t think everyone could take off at the same time, groups of pilots should be formed. It could be made like the FIFA world cup classification matches (groups of 4/5 pilots and the one who wins will be classified to fly against the other pilots classified from the other groups). Don´t know if I have explained myself well.:%

In real life, they handicap the faster planes, to solve this problem we would all use the same plane, also from what I've seen in real life, they all line up on the runway in a grid like position in F1.

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
EHM Air race!
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2006, 11:16:05 am »
Well, I can say to you the idea is very old ;D I had it once too, and that time the MT was not happy with the idea.

My idea was to make a track, which consists of not gates, but airports, and/or NAVAIDs. The course could be a really challenging track somewhere in a rocky area, with given altitude and maybe speed limits, delegated airports for touch-n-go, and on the course, you should go from NAVAID-to NAVAID, or from airport to airport. Maybe 10 waypoints on a half hour "racertrack". I selected the Norvegian coastline which has a tons of Fjords and lots of hidden, dangerous airstrips in FS.

But for all of this, we need a special version of FlightLogger. At least a feature is a must have: it needs to know where the plane is. It should lookup everytime, which waypoint, or coordinate the pilot is closing, so it could do a tick to that leg in your racing flightplan. Also it should judge the total time you take on the course, and should give the special penalties if you miss a rule. As this is a little hard to do, the idea was trashed.

I think a very easy method would be enough: a script that can calculate your total time took during a tour, and a tour that is consists of difficult and dangerous legs. Of course it may give the chance for cheating, but we are gentlemen anyway ;D

AMD X4-955 3.2GHz / Gigabyte 770T / 4 GB DDR / Gigabyte GTS450 1GB DDR
Samsung 226BW@1680x1050 / WinXP.3 / FS9.1 / FSX.1 / Saitek Cyborg 3DGold

Offline EHM-1358 Tim

• Intergalactic!!
EHM Air race!
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2006, 11:49:11 am »
Originally posted by SirRoberto
Well, I can say to you the idea is very old ;D I had it once too, and that time the MT was not happy with the idea.

It doesn't have to be official.

anything