Author Topic: Uploading Screenshots  (Read 2503 times)

Offline EHM-1980 Brian

• Martian transfer
Uploading Screenshots
« on: November 07, 2006, 10:56:54 am »
hi guys - i'm having problems uploading screenshots onto the gallery page or even uploading them for the current screenshot competition! It's telling me that the picture i am trying to upload is too big a file but i haven't edited it in any way or changed the size? i have just taken the picture using FS Screen? does anyone know what i'm doing wrong? :'(
Brian McGloughlin /  EHM-1980

Offline EHM-1651 Christian

• Martian transfer
Uploading Screenshots
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 11:31:37 am »
The pictures you upload must me in 800x600 in within a certain size. So save the pictures as *.jpeg not bmp wich take smuch more space
EHM-1651 CHRISTIAN BAKKE "A pilots ego equals the wingspan" Stated by a Captain of Widerøe

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
Uploading Screenshots
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 11:38:13 am »
Brian,

You'll need to edit the pics in some sort of image editor so you can save them as .jpg's and set the correct size. I use a payware program thesedays but I used to use Paintshop Pro trial edition which was free in the 'old days'...;D

I think Murray referred to a freeware image editor called 'The GIMP' in a previous post but I could never get it to work.

If you do a Google search for 'freeware image editor' or something like that you might find a useful download somewhere... Or someone else will post a better answer (probably) :)
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-1980 Brian

• Martian transfer
Uploading Screenshots
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 11:52:10 am »
thats great info guys thanks - i will try and search for a freeware image editor using google now and see what i come up with.... will post the address of any good ones i find ;D

Offline EHM-1980 Brian

• Martian transfer
Uploading Screenshots
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 11:56:00 am »
just found one that looks pretty good - its Serif's PhotoPlus 6.0 and the address to download it is:

http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/

try it out!  ;D