Author Topic: I\'m still flying!!  (Read 69405 times)

Offline EHM-1651 Christian

• Martian transfer
I\'m still flying!!
« Reply #150 on: November 17, 2006, 02:56:39 pm »
Another trick that might do it is to start Flightlogger and selesct PP after you have started you engines and turned on the correct lights.
But I don't think this goes under the term: "correct procedure"
EHM-1651 CHRISTIAN BAKKE "A pilots ego equals the wingspan" Stated by a Captain of Widerøe

EHM-1671 Ben

I\'m still flying!!
« Reply #151 on: November 17, 2006, 11:51:02 pm »
Gentlemen, I had the unfortunate luck of crashing my aircraft shortly after take off from Nairobi Wilson. What happens now? Do I have to stop the tour or do I take up another aircraft?

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
I\'m still flying!!
« Reply #152 on: November 18, 2006, 12:07:25 am »
Ben,

Send your crash report and I will look in to it....

Is this your first crash of the event? Bruno has said there will be one spare plane for each pilot on the event so if you have not used that one, you have another life! ;)
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

Offline EHM-0471 Peter

• Cruise Altitude
I\'m still flying!!
« Reply #153 on: November 18, 2006, 12:09:24 am »
Bruno.

I have tried quite a few tricks to start engines on C 17. But manually it simply doesn't work. Any idea? Starting automatic proces and with beacon light on and parking brakes on, it works fine and no penalties.

Peter

Offline EHM-1997 Alexander

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
I\'m still flying!!
« Reply #154 on: November 18, 2006, 12:24:46 am »
how often are events like this run as I missed this and it sounds great ;)
EHM-1997 Alexander Worton
VA Management: Web Developer

PC: i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, SSD, Nvidia GTX 780
Mac: 27" iMac i5, 4GB Ram, ATI HD 5750
IVAO: 353030 VATSIM: 1117910

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
I\'m still flying!!
« Reply #155 on: November 18, 2006, 12:35:53 am »
Well, hopefully the next one will be quite soon.... There will be just time to catch your breath before starting again!  ;)

To All Pilots on the event....
Take great care at Nairobi Wilson. (HKNW)  The airport is in what can only be described as a crater! Getting in and out takes a great deal of skill especially if you are carrying any additional weight. (and especially at night!) Please note the pallet weight for the next leg (8) has been revised to allow a little more room for error!

Good luck!
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
I\'m still flying!!
« Reply #156 on: November 18, 2006, 12:42:48 am »
Ben,

You have a new spare airplane. Tail id is HB-AGA.

Like the cat, you have spent all your lifes ;) ..

Regards,

EHM-1998 Steven

I\'m still flying!!
« Reply #157 on: November 18, 2006, 01:33:16 am »
Egads!! I should not have flown tonight. I had a bad day at work and my mind must be elsewhere because I obviously can't pilot worth a dang tonight. I took off from Wilson and promptly stalled my aircraft after hitting the wrong button on my autopilot. I was able to recover quickly but exceeded the Vspeed limits avoiding the ground. Once I thought things were sorted out, I relaxed for cruise. Pitot icing resulted in an overspeed penalty next. To top things off, I accidently hit the "L" key and got a penalty for engines started with no beacon light.I may set a record for the number of penalties in one flight:%

Ever have one of these days? :D

Offline EHM-1417 Tamas

• Contact departure
    • www.fsklub.hu
I\'m still flying!!
« Reply #158 on: November 18, 2006, 02:12:40 am »
Yup!

Too low terrain, push down....
I'm making one crazy and interest landing.
First touch nose gear, not main gear and aotospoillers too lattest activizated.

http://ehm1417.extra.hu/landing_nairobi.rar

cheers
Tamas Biro
World tour current position: Legs 041 of 150:    SPPY (Chachapoyas, Peru)

EHM-1998 Steven

I\'m still flying!!
« Reply #159 on: November 18, 2006, 02:31:42 am »
Okay, I feel a little better.:) Scary landing, but you held it together! :oI think my landing was the only thing that went right on my flight. Thanks for sharing that, Tamas !

EHM-1821 Javier

I\'m still flying!!
« Reply #160 on: November 18, 2006, 04:39:19 am »
I managed to get in and out of the airport with non problems;D  On the leg from HKNW, once reaching cruise altitude, i also had my pitot tube iced up, luckily, i remember the other thread in the forums about the use of it (thanks!, if not i'd be relying on GS;))and a minute after arming pitot heat, my Speed indicator worked again! :]

EHM-1671 Ben

I\'m still flying!!
« Reply #161 on: November 18, 2006, 06:11:10 am »
Originally posted by EHM-0948 Bruno
Ben,

You have a new spare airplane. Tail id is HB-AGA.

Like the cat, you have spent all your lifes ;) ..

Regards,

Thanks Bruno, the pressure is on ;D Thanks Phil, too!

Offline EHM-1442 Luis

• FL100
I\'m still flying!!
« Reply #162 on: November 18, 2006, 11:20:14 am »
@ Peter -  to start C-17 engines manually, Try like this
1 - CTRL+SHIFT+F4
2 - Start Engine 1 until it fires up
3 - Generator 1 on
4 - And so on with all the others engines

@Christian  - i'm not sure,but maybe i stole your plane at HKKI. I informed our President about this situation.

I crashed at HKNW as i reported here in this forum and because of a software viriable problem, i was not able to send the crash report.
The day after the crash i went in Propilot and i saw a not reserved plane at HKKI (the line was on white color, without pilot id) and i locked this plane and did the leg HKKI-HKNW.
Later i went to see this plane history......and i'm affraid this is your aircraft. Excuse me Christian and i hope Bruno found a solution for this.
I'm not sure if i stole your aircraft or not, because you didn't complain about that yet and the aircraft line was in white color, without pilot id.

Offline EHM-1883 Matt

• Martian transfer
I\'m still flying!!
« Reply #163 on: November 18, 2006, 11:30:49 am »
argh, Nairobi Wilson is a difficult one! I very nearly crashed, and my cat would be dead by now, so everyone who is still at Wilson, take great care, and take off towards the sea. Don't make the mistake I did!

Offline EHM-1651 Christian

• Martian transfer
I\'m still flying!!
« Reply #164 on: November 18, 2006, 01:03:56 pm »
@Luis: It appear thatit was my plane but i can sort of blame myself, since i didn't lock the plane after i arrived at HKKI.

I thinnk Bruno can resolve the situation, so no hard feelings:s
EHM-1651 CHRISTIAN BAKKE "A pilots ego equals the wingspan" Stated by a Captain of Widerøe

EHM-1617 Iain

I\'m still flying!!
« Reply #165 on: November 18, 2006, 05:36:06 pm »
Whaddya all talking about? I've landed once on runway 7, and taken off out of runway 7 (the shorter one towards the buildings) into a 2kt headwind with the original higher payload three times now! Only problem is PC keeps crashing enroute! Attempting it again now...

Offline EHM-0471 Peter

• Cruise Altitude
I\'m still flying!!
« Reply #166 on: November 18, 2006, 06:57:44 pm »
Bruno.

I need an urgent help. During the flight to HAAB, some 73 Nm from the destination, just when I started initial descent, I faced a serious problems with my PC and lost the controls, then PC simply crashed. After some ten restarting I succedded and restarted FS. All was done properly, but I couldn't restore the last flight, so please, try to return unlocked flight C889 to Pro pilot, since I didn't crash the aircraft. I have no idea what happened to my PC.

Peter

EHM-1998 Steven

I\'m still flying!!
« Reply #167 on: November 18, 2006, 07:42:29 pm »
Okay, I am all ears. How do you depart HKLG properly? I did everything I normally do on a short field departure. Flaps 50%, aircraft all the way back on the runway, adequate fuel only, released brakes, accelerate to 120kts, rotate. I crashed in Propilot and have gone back and attempted on my own and I keep hitting brush at the departure end of the runway right as I am leaving the ground.

Also, the runway is only a little over 3900 foot and dirt but the text for the event says both airports are very good. Is that a typo or do we consider a 3900 ft dirt runway very good?;D Seems pretty short considering the aircraft. I'm generally pretty decent at landing and I ate up every bit of the runway landing last night so I was worried about departure this morning.

All that said, I am having a blast with the event and I appreciate that we get two aircraft this time around. This is easily the most challenging flying I have ever done. I have filed my crash report and humbly await my new chariot. In all seriousness, if anyone has further advise on how I can get off the runway at HKLG, please pass it along as I would hate to be stuck this far along in the event. TIA

*EDIT* I think I have it figured out. If I aim between the two bushes at the end of the runway, it gives me a little extra room and I am able to get off the ground fine. Wow, this is a tough one!! Now I have to figure out how to do that in the dark.

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
I\'m still flying!!
« Reply #168 on: November 19, 2006, 12:17:51 am »
Hi,

I departed nicely without any problems from runway 25 if I am not in mistake ... Take a look at the new payload for that leg please on the events page. Also, don't bring much fuel .. i think 30% is enough (I got 60!).

@Peter: You have a new reserved airplane with tail id HB-AGB. Safe flights!

Regards,

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
I\'m still flying!!
« Reply #169 on: November 19, 2006, 12:25:15 am »
@Christian: Hi mate, I just delayed the leg C887 for you until tomorrow. Also, you have a airplane tail id HB-AGC. Please do the next flights quickly to gain time.
Also, next time please ask me to reserve the airplane for you so no one can steal your airplane ;) ..

Regards,

Offline EHM-0471 Peter

• Cruise Altitude
I\'m still flying!!
« Reply #170 on: November 19, 2006, 12:43:35 am »
Thanks Bruno for this good news. I was so mad that this happened to me, but I am affraid that my PC might be infected by virus. So PC will be tested on Monday morning about that problem.

Luis! Thanks. Your advice works perfectly.

Peter

Offline EHM-0471 Peter

• Cruise Altitude
I\'m still flying!!
« Reply #171 on: November 19, 2006, 12:47:41 am »
Bruno, sorry, but I faced another problem. I can't lock the flight, because I am still under suspension. What to do to continue?

Peter

EHM-1821 Javier

I\'m still flying!!
« Reply #172 on: November 19, 2006, 03:15:07 am »
Originally posted by EHM-1998 Steven
if anyone has further advise on how I can get off the runway at HKLG, please pass it along as I would hate to be stuck this far along in the event. TIA

I have some advice!;D  If you want to cut away a bit of realism, pushback, hit full power and release parking brake. when engines reach max power, release pushback.

Or, you can always add more flaps!;D

EHM-1671 Ben

I\'m still flying!!
« Reply #173 on: November 19, 2006, 04:47:30 am »
Originally posted by EHM-1821 Javier
Originally posted by EHM-1998 Steven
if anyone has further advise on how I can get off the runway at HKLG, please pass it along as I would hate to be stuck this far along in the event. TIA

I have some advice!;D  If you want to cut away a bit of realism, pushback, hit full power and release parking brake. when engines reach max power, release pushback.

Or, you can always add more flaps!;D

Sounds a bit like a slingshot without the rubber band! Does this actually work?! On grass runways I put flaps at 1/4 and make a standing start (increase engines to N1 90, and then release the brakes). That works, for sure...

EHM-1998 Steven

I\'m still flying!!
« Reply #174 on: November 19, 2006, 04:54:34 am »
Thanks for the hints. I think I've done about 10 departures from HKLG now! ;D Once I get my new plane, I should be fine. Thanks !!

anything