Author Topic: I\'m still flying!!  (Read 64888 times)

Offline EHM-1883 Matt

• Martian transfer
I\'m still flying!!
« Reply #200 on: November 23, 2006, 04:20:07 pm »
Well, to be fair, I don't know what's wrong with making the event last a long time. I don't really think it matters if it'll end at the end of the year. I think that a Fun, relaxing long event would be alot better than a stressful fast one.

When I say this, I do not mean to imply that this event was a stressful fast event, as people can spread out what times they do the legs, so I'd say that this event was good timewise, but we shouldn't make it any smaller than what we've got now, if anything, we should make it a bit longer.

I completely agree with both phils.

I never actually said how great this was though. I've been saying alot of negative things, but really, how many VA's have such a caring MT that would even put the trouble into making events like these? Our MT may have made a little mistake while making the timings, but they LISTEN to what we say, and I'm sure they're happy to help!

Thanks MT for organizing this event, Thanks to the pilots who put the commitment into doing this event, even if they unfortunately couldn't make it to the end!

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
I\'m still flying!!
« Reply #201 on: November 23, 2006, 04:45:10 pm »
Jim,

If you took offense at my comments, I appologise, it was never my intention to offend you or any other member of the airline.

My comments were made to point out (as Bruno said far better than I did) that to complete a "ProPilot" event you need to be commited to the event. Now maybe my wording was incorrect or maybe I spoke out of term, but I certainly never meant to say that you or anybody else is not commited enough to be a part of the airline!

So for my part I sincerely appologise for offending you. As in my previous post, everyones comments and concerns will be taken on board and where possible addressed in the next event.

Again, I can only appologise for failing to live up to everyones expectations on this event. As I have said previously and as Bruno has pointed out, we had a choice, delay the event altogether until next year or to run it at a fast pace to get it completed in time for the next event that will mirror a real world situation and is time critical. I pushed for the event to be rushed so as not to dissapoint those that had been looking forward to an event since the end of the Airmail Pioneers. I can only appologise to those that disagree with that decision but I would like to appologise mostly to Bruno who put a massive amount of effort in to bringing this event to life only for it not to have the effect it deserved due to the rushed timeframe.
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

Offline EHM-1980 Brian

• Martian transfer
I\'m still flying!!
« Reply #202 on: November 23, 2006, 05:01:25 pm »
Originally posted by EHM-1703 Philip
Again, I can only appologise for failing to live up to everyones expectations on this event. As I have said previously and as Bruno has pointed out, we had a choice, delay the event altogether until next year or to run it at a fast pace to get it completed in time for the next event that will mirror a real world situation and is time critical. I pushed for the event to be rushed so as not to dissapoint those that had been looking forward to an event since the end of the Airmail Pioneers. I can only appologise to those that disagree with that decision but I would like to appologise mostly to Bruno who put a massive amount of effort in to bringing this event to life only for it not to have the effect it deserved due to the rushed timeframe.

having not participated in the event  and reading everyones comments throughout i certainly do not think you've failed to live up to peoples expectations on this event Phil - in fact everyone who has done it has expressed their enjoyment and delight with the actual idea and those who completed it have also commended you and the MT on the event! ;) - some have had problems with the timing issue and out of innocent frustration have expressed that but we all learn from these things and i'm sure the MT will have that sorted in future events! ;D

Looking from the 'outside in ' i only wish i could have done it - it looked like a great event that i'm sure i would have enjoyed. After all we all need a 'challenge' in life dont we?? :8
Brian McGloughlin /  EHM-1980

Offline EHM-1442 Luis

• FL100
I\'m still flying!!
« Reply #203 on: November 23, 2006, 06:22:25 pm »
I finished the event and here is my opinion.

I have some troubles, but i think troubles are part of a event like this. My problems started just before the event.

1 - I crashed a aircraft 2 hours before the starting event time.

2 - The C-17 is a very special aircraft. Sometimes dificult to do a correct landing, another times difficult to do a clean take off.

3- Some of the airfields are really difficult. Some are very short or we only have visual contact with them when we are just arriving the rwy.

4 - Crashed my event aircraft at HKNW (Wilson).This was my fault, no excuses....i wanted landing passing through a tree near the rwy.

5 - As an excited child I did not take the due attentions( spare aircraft, etc) and i stole an aircraft. (Shame on me....Christian)

6- When i started the event, i was 10º in Propilot Ranking. When i finished i was 15º.

7 - Penalities - beacon lights, crash and max allowed factor at Beirut.

Summarizing, for me this was the most challenging event, more then the ivao (vfr or ifr) world tour.

Congratulations for all that had organized a so special and challenging event. Thank you and continue the good work

Offline EHM-1883 Matt

• Martian transfer
I\'m still flying!!
« Reply #204 on: November 23, 2006, 10:28:22 pm »
ok, I've got a few more things to say:

@Luis: Sorry to hear you had all these problems. It was indeed a very difficult event, and I very nearly crashed my second plane at Nairobi Wilson too.

@Phil: I understand completely what you're saying, but I think the way "commitment" was put, it could be taken in alot of different ways, and just to help Phil with what I think he meant is that you need to know before you do the event, whether you'll manage it or not. It's got nothing to do with "If your a bad pilot, and doesn't do much for EHM, don't do it" it's more like "will I be able to do x leg on date x" I hope I've made this clearer.

@Jim: I can understand too why you're frustrated, but I think this argument is making a mountain out of a molehill. If you can't manage to do all the legs, we're not going to say something like "Your hobby is alot more important then your family. You're not good enough". Like I said, the way phil put it can be taken in many ways, and Phil wasn't attacking you, if anything, trying to help.

It feels good to be neutral!;D

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
I\'m still flying!!
« Reply #205 on: November 24, 2006, 12:33:06 am »
ufff ...

The event is over for me ... At 00:32 in the night, the HB-AFT (came from the first leg!) landed smoothly on the rwy 03 at Beirut ..

No time to rest. I just need to start preparing the next Event  ;)

Regards,

Offline EHM-1417 Tamas

• Contact departure
    • www.fsklub.hu
I\'m still flying!!
« Reply #206 on: November 24, 2006, 01:48:45 am »
and I'm uff talking. :-)

I'm used last four leg FS Passengers.

Passenger Opinion: Exceptional flight (100%)
-Were highly entertained by the movie.
-Were in a better mood because they had food.
-Were pleased by the music on ground.  A very nice addition to their flying experience.
-Were anxious because they had flown over a war risk zone.

Pilot Bonus points:   442 points
•You made a very nice landing. (+50)
•Perfect Flight, no problems and very satisfied passengers. (+150)
•You landed at the scheduled airport. (+30)
•Long flight (03h15) without using time acceleration, without any problems and with satisfied passengers. (+162)
•Flying in a dangerous area and a safe landing. (+50)

Previous Leg report: (Berbera to Sanaa flight trip, Atack Yemen Terrorist my Plane)
Incident Report:One engine was damaged by small arms fire coming from the ground and ceased to function. The right fuel tank was hit by a ground shot and started leaking fuel. There was an exceptional pilot on board and despite the dire situation he was able to land the aircraft safely. The Captain has also declared an emergency before landing.

Engine change and fuel tank repairing cost 9.7 million dollar. Flight trip incomming payment 8.9 Mill $ (Final Leg Income 24.5 Million$)

Thank You nice Event from Dark continent and hope near future donate UNHCR small money.
Near future making impressive movie film.

good night.
Tamas Biro
World tour current position: Legs 041 of 150:    SPPY (Chachapoyas, Peru)

EHM-1821 Javier

I\'m still flying!!
« Reply #207 on: November 24, 2006, 10:38:16 am »
I just completed the Event, waiting for my award;D;D;D

I managed to complete it with one aircraft (Ben and Matt, beat that!;);D)

Great Event, Thanks to the MT for organising it!!

EHM-1710 Khalil

I\'m still flying!!
« Reply #208 on: November 26, 2006, 10:29:31 pm »
Wow!!  I see alot has happened since my last flight. Well I know the event has ended and I still have 3 flights left.

Because of rw reasons I could finish in time. However, since I can still make the flight using the flight logger i will finish it today/tonight/tomorrow (if I need that time)!!

Eventhough I couldn't finish within the time limit I still enjoyed it. And all that rain made it even better! ;D

Keep up the good work gents. And i will ensure I'm ready for the next one!!!

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
I\'m still flying!!
« Reply #209 on: November 27, 2006, 10:47:18 am »
Hi,

The event is officialy closed today.

The MT team gives congratulations to all of the pilots that ended it, and to all the others that didn't finished but were trying!

The pilots that made the last flight were:

1883   Matt Haywood
1442   Luis Nunes
471   Peter Hribar
1671   Ben Contreras
1829   Trevor Bolton
1703   Philip Nutt
948   Bruno Falcão
1417   Tamas Biro
1821   Javier Goh
1465   Dominic Mahon
1452   Henk Wolsink
1922   Ricardo Pedrosa
1710   Khalil Syed

(also, this information still needs to be double checked)

But the most important part is to call you to one of the worst problems that we have on our real lifes: Minimum health conditions for african people. All days there are thousands of children that die because they don't have the minimum food at their homes, and maybe, even if we don't solve the problem, we can actually help.

So, you can really finish this event by making your last action here: http://www.unhcr.org/donate/

Regards and congratulations one more time!

Offline EHM-1651 Christian

• Martian transfer
I\'m still flying!!
« Reply #210 on: November 27, 2006, 12:19:55 pm »
Congratulations to everyone paticepating in the event;D

It never seems I'm to be able finsh a event:8
EHM-1651 CHRISTIAN BAKKE "A pilots ego equals the wingspan" Stated by a Captain of Widerøe

EHM-1199 Philip

I\'m still flying!!
« Reply #211 on: November 27, 2006, 07:46:05 pm »
Well done everybody who did finish ... hope the final few flights were as engaging as the first few.

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
I\'m still flying!!
« Reply #212 on: November 28, 2006, 01:01:02 am »
Hi,

The awards had been given! Also the avatars are updated.

Congratulations to all of you!

Regards,

EHM-1671 Ben

I\'m still flying!!
« Reply #213 on: November 28, 2006, 01:07:40 am »
Awesome! They look great! Congratulations to everyone who completed the event ;D;)

EHM-1821 Javier

I\'m still flying!!
« Reply #214 on: November 28, 2006, 05:03:38 am »
Cool!!! Looks great!! congrats to everyone too! ;D;D;D

EHM-1982 Carlos

I\'m still flying!!
« Reply #215 on: December 05, 2006, 08:01:00 am »
Hi, maybe these are  late, basic and dummy questions, sorry for that.
I'm just learning about these ProPilot events and I wonder if there is a limit time for doing it, f.e. Can anyone do the "US Airmail Pioneers" event at this time?, the other question is is it required to have the rank to fly the aircraft used for the event?.Thanks.

EHM-1671 Ben

I\'m still flying!!
« Reply #216 on: December 05, 2006, 08:48:48 am »
Hi Carlos! The US Airmail Pioneers Event ended earlier this year and it is no longer possible to fly it. However, in a usual event you are able to fly the event regardless of rank. Hope it helps!

EHM-1982 Carlos

I\'m still flying!!
« Reply #217 on: December 05, 2006, 08:58:03 am »
It does help, good to know, thanks Ben.

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
I\'m still flying!!
« Reply #218 on: December 05, 2006, 08:03:40 pm »
Hi Carlos,

The next event is already being prepared ;) ... The next week will bring news to all the pilots! ;D