Poll

EHM Pilot Mentoring

I'd like to offer my services for IVAO mentoring.
6 (75%)
I'd like to offer my services for VATSIM mentoring.
0 (0%)
I'd like to offer my services for both/either IVAO and VATSIM mentoring.
2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: EHM Pilot Mentoring  (Read 4281 times)

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
EHM Pilot Mentoring
« on: September 09, 2007, 10:27:57 am »
This is just a "testing the waters" poll to see what sort of takeup we could expect amongst our existing online pilots to mentor new pilots in getting their online wings.

My initial thinking is that we'll have a channel/subchannels on the TeamSpeak service where mentor(s) will hang out for new pilots to ask for assistance. Once a new pilot "arrives", the mentor will monitor the pilot in all his dealings with ATC (a bit like a first officer/PNF) until just after take-off//A/P engage and then if needed during STAR/Appr and up to the blocks, but this is all just "blue sky thinking" for now. Long term, I'd like to be able to offer "native language" as well as English mentoring, but we'll need an idea of numbers first, hence the poll - and no need to post an explanation if you'd rather remain anonymous at this juncture. A number of simple "affirmative" options at this first stage so the online/training depts can get an idea of how many pilots would be willing to take part.

EDIT: And just to point out, this scheme (if/when it happens) would not be a replacement for online flight training, but an addition for those who've done their "first flight online" training but still feel they'd like backup on their first few flights after training.

UPDATE: I'll leave the poll open for one week only. I'd like to be able to push this idea along quite quickly, maybe be in a position to test it by the end of the month.
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON