Community Discussion > Flight Operations

sb4 makes FSX stop

(1/3) > >>

EHM-2341:
Hello everyone.

I mustn't be the only one with this problem on FSX.

I have FSX, FSX Euroharmony aircraft, FSPassengers X, Madeira X and SquawkBox 4.

The problem occures only when i am online in VATSIM with sb4. It happens at different points of the flight, it can happen at the start, middle or at the end.
The FSX stops working and all that remains from the simulator is the sound, the picture freezes and the Task Manager displays MFSX as not responding.

Help!!! :[
I haven't been able to complete a flight in the company for a month now. :[

I also ask anyone with the same problem to join this topic please.

Thanks
David Mendes

EHM-1465 Dominic:
David,

Could you please post the specifications of your computer system - Processor type and speed, memory, graphics card, operating system etc -  it might be that your PC is not fast enough to cope with all the things you're asking it to do..? If not, there may be a conflict with one of the programs you are using. I don't use Squawkbox but if it always happens as you say when using this software, you should check out the support page for SB4 or post on their forum as other users may have an answer for you ;)

Why not try a flight offline with no unnecessary addons running and see if that works, that way you can narrow down what programs work ok together step by step...

EHM-2341:
Dominic

Thankyou for your quick answer.

My computer is build on an Asus P6T SE motherboard. Inside Core i7 at 2.7GHZ x8, 6GB memory RAM 1600ghz speed DDR3, nVidia GTS250 512mb dedicated memory DDR3, i can get 30fps always and steady in high quality no problem. 7200rpm 500GB hard drive.
The OS is the Windows Vista 64bit.

I will also contact the Squwak Box forum for some answers, thanks.

Regarding the add-ons. Offline i use Madeira X and FSPassengers X and the FSX never crashes. When i go online and use squak box with or without the add-ons, at some part of the flight the FSX crashes as i mentioned before.

Thankyou and again i ask anyone with the same problem to join the topic.

Regards
David Mendes

EHM-1465 Dominic:
I've found a couple of forum threads indicating that SB4 doesn't work well with FSX (for these people anyway):-

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/aviation_hobby/read.main/113129/

http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?t=36839

Have a look as these may suggest some solutions for you... ;)

EHM-1997 Alexander:
It doesn't. You have to use FSInn

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version