Community Discussion > Flight Simulation Matters

The Simulator Poll and X-plane announcement discussion

<< < (5/5)

EHM-2381 Ted:
I should have it by the weekend depending on Amazon (had to order Joe Abercrombie's latest book too).

I am glad I have loads of room on my drive as that is a pig of an install. Should I defrag before or after I update to the latest revision?

Anything else you can think of let me know. I plan to initially download and install the Wild division DH6 and use that to get used to things before I start messing with add-ons. I imagine there will be a system learning curve but the video tutorials for installing things etc seem ok.

And if I get a headache I'll just boot up FSX and take a break  :D

p.s. I am almost positive I spotted an SU-80 for X-plane!

EHM-2381 Ted:
Hi Alex,

Cheers for that initial setup guide.

I'll follow it when I get my copy and see how I get on. It may not be a bad idea to consider opening a dedicated X-plane section so when I flood you with questions I don't hog bandwidth in this location  :D

I am looking forward to getting this installed. Having no real pre-concieved expectations I am very interested to see how it performs on my system and more importantly-how it flies/simulates/insert term of choice here.

Cheers

Ted

EHM-2097 Andrei:
That is an old thread all right but... WHY did no one mention X-Plane 10 is available for Linux too? That would have raised my interest much sooner :)

Andrei

EHM-1997 Alexander:
Thought that was obvious  ;D X-plane has always been triple platform.

That said, many plug ins aren't compiled for linux including XPUIPC.

Did you see the article that Steam is coming to linux along with source games (native not wine ports).

http://www.reghardware.com/2012/04/26/valve_suggests_steam_for_linux_is_close/

That should do a fair bit to raise uptake of the platform IMHO.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version