Author Topic: Two Problems  (Read 19043 times)

Offline EHM-2383 Ian

• Sub-orbital
Re: Two Problems
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2011, 12:27:32 pm »
Thanks folks. The fact that WoAI tells me that the aircraft have been installed would suggest that the NET file does already exist. However I get a message saying that the installation may not have been done properly and would I like to re-install. When I try to re-install, the system can't find the aircraft!! The automatic part wants to place the aircraft into "Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004" when in fact all my files are now under FS2004. These two things  may explain what you are saying, Dominic but  I don't know how to correct this and give the installer the new pathway.

There is a manual instal in the installer but this merely puts the aircraft into a file specified in the pathway you specify and you have to do the rest yourself. I have no idea how to do this. It also gives a box to tick about "decompile" and again I haven't a clue.

I don't have FSX installed so there is no conflict here.

This has all been a nightmare!!!

Stef: I have found a resolution in FS9 that works quite well. Not perfect but I can live with it.

Ian

Offline EHM-1997 Alexander

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2011, 12:36:18 pm »
Sounds like the WOAI package may be trying to install to the program files path.

First off, try an uninstall of thre WOI stuff, then use the flight 1 registry fix tool as Dom suggests

http://www.flight1software.com/files/FS_Registry_Repair.exe

and then attempt a reinstall.

========

Otherwise, try running the WOAI installer under admin privileges (right click and run as administrator).

If it installs to the program folder then you could copy the files over to your install folder.

EHM-1997 Alexander Worton
VA Management: Web Developer

PC: i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, SSD, Nvidia GTX 780
Mac: 27" iMac i5, 4GB Ram, ATI HD 5750
IVAO: 353030 VATSIM: 1117910

Offline EHM-2589 David

• Martian transfer
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2011, 12:37:49 pm »
Hi Ian,

When I used AI traffic in FS9 I use this one and right now is free, cause the last version is for FSX
http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66855-mytraffic-2006-dumped-to-free-download/
Right now I don't utilize AI traffic, because I fly with IVAO ;D

Offline EHM-2383 Ian

• Sub-orbital
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2011, 01:18:56 pm »
Thanks Alexander...................but!! How do you use the registry fix tool?? When I open it, there is a button to push to fix FS9. When I do this I get a page at the bottom of which says:
File name:                                                                     FS9 Executable (FS9.EXE)
                                                                                   OPEN

I don't know what to do with this.
FS9 is in the pathway C:\Flightsim\FS2004.

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2011, 02:06:42 pm »
You have to run that tool as administrator on vista/win7 (right click and select run as administrator).

Offline EHM-2383 Ian

• Sub-orbital
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2011, 02:57:32 pm »
When I do that it comes up with the same page as above. Is that it then done?

Offline EHM-2383 Ian

• Sub-orbital
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2011, 05:09:26 pm »
When I do that it comes up with the same page as above. Is that it then done?

I think I may have worked out how to operate the FS Registry fix. What is the FS9.exe file? Is that the one in the FS folder with the picture of an aircraft and labelled FS9?

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2011, 05:26:29 pm »
Yep

Offline EHM-1242 Stef

• VA Management
  • FL100
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2011, 07:54:48 pm »
Ian,

Just a hint: in Control Panel -> Folder Options -> 'View'-tab, you may want to switch off / disable the option "Hide extensions for known filetypes" (this is what it's called in WinXP/Vista. Don't know exactly in Win7 though)

This option is in fact a bitch, especially when working with the files themselves like you have experienced just now (and trust me: you will find yourself doing this more often then you may want to). There is FS9.ini, FS9.exe, FS9.dll: when file-extensions are not displayed, how are you going to tell the difference easily between these files!?!?

M$$ and their continous ever lasting efforts to 'dumb down' the end-users with such totally useless features which only lead to problems...  >:(

Cheers,
Stef
"A Boeing is a plane, built by idiots, for geniuses to fly. An Airbus is a plane, built by geniuses, for idiots to fly..."

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2011, 09:33:24 pm »
Ian,

Just a hint: in Control Panel -> Folder Options -> 'View'-tab, you may want to switch off / disable the option "Hide extensions for known filetypes" (this is what it's called in WinXP/Vista. Don't know exactly in Win7 though)

To help out here, easiest way in Windows 7 is to open a Windows Explorer/My Computer window, click on the Organize menu, and choose Folder and Search Options. Then, under View, untick Hide extensions for known filetypes.
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-2383 Ian

• Sub-orbital
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2011, 10:13:44 am »
Thanks lads. Have done that.

Ian

Offline EHM-2383 Ian

• Sub-orbital
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2011, 10:24:47 pm »
I still can't get WoAI installer to find correct pathway. However I can find where they are being placed and move them manually to where they should be!! The aircraft go into the same folder as the unpacked zip file and a new scenery\world\texture gets created in on the hard drive. The contents then have to be removed from there into the correct places. I give up!!

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2011, 05:36:49 am »
I still can't get WoAI installer to find correct pathway. However I can find where they are being placed and move them manually to where they should be!! The aircraft go into the same folder as the unpacked zip file and a new scenery\world\texture gets created in on the hard drive. The contents then have to be removed from there into the correct places. I give up!!

In FS9 (at least) there should be a traffic_xxxxx.bgl (where xxxxx is the name of the airline etc) which goes into the Scenery/World/Scenery folder (rather than the texture folder) and the aircraft get put in your main aircraft folder. That should normally be it!

Are your AI planes showing up now Ian ?
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-2383 Ian

• Sub-orbital
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2011, 10:58:50 am »
Yes, they are showing up but, as I say above, I am having to put these into the correct files manually as they are not being put into the correct files automatically bt the installer. This is in spite of using the registry repair program and giving the correct pathway. The traffic blg goes into the list of items on the C drive and the aircraft into the  folder in documents where the zip file for the installer has been unpacked.
Ian