Author Topic: EuroHarmony Company Channel  (Read 9984 times)

Online EHM-2387 Eric-Jan

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
EuroHarmony Company Channel
« on: November 26, 2012, 05:13:37 pm »
By popular demand, and because it really adds to our online community, we have set up a Company Channel Voice Server of our own!

It offers voice communication between pilots when flying online, either as a group or alone. When flying as a group, any pilot can create a sub-channel for that group, should that add to the clarity of communications. When flying online, and there is no ATC available, pilots can simply connect to the root channel to talk to any other pilot that is connected (either flying or not ;) )

This document:
http://oudnas2.myQNAPnas.com/Mumble.htm
explains the few simple steps it takes to set up your voice client.

It is all still in a beta stage, so you might have some issues, or remarks. We have created this thread for that:
http://www.fly-euroharmony.com/forum/index.php/topic,7243.0.html#new

TIP: assign a different Push-To-Talk button to this server than to the regular Teamspeak server, and you can talk to both ATC and fellow pilots (don't mix up the two buttons, though ;))
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 01:09:33 pm by EHM-2387 Eric-Jan »
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud
VA Management: Operations Officer

Online EHM-2387 Eric-Jan

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
Re: EuroHarmony Company Channel
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 10:57:01 am »
From time to time, I will need to shut down the service for maintenance or similar reasons (firmware update of the server, work on electrical system in my house, relocating the server, ...)

I will post a message below with a message that the service will be down, from when on the service will be down, and (if known) a restart date / time. After restarting the service, I will remove that message. So if there's no message below, and the service is not responding, please contact me through the contact page of the website. That will leave your message as a mail on my cellphone.
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

Online EHM-2387 Eric-Jan

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 11:55:45 am »
The mycloudnas service has been terminated. As of now, use myQNAPcloud in the address field instead. The rest remains the same.

I will update the installation document at my earliest convienience ;)
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

Online EHM-2387 Eric-Jan

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 02:20:13 pm »
As the Mumble server software seems to have stopped development a while ago, where my NAS OS is forking out updates like a headless chicken, the two are slowly growing apart.

As of the latest update, I am no longer able to run the admin part of the voice server software. So, although Mumble is still running as a service, and all appears to function correctly, I expect that to be on its last legs too.
I'll be looking out for a new voice server that is compatible with my NAS OS, yet still only utilises limited resources (that's the strength of Mumble; clear sound with minimal resource usage). Until then, all stays as it is, but with adding permissions for new users, there might already be a problem.

We'll stay in touch!
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

Online EHM-2387 Eric-Jan

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2018, 02:38:14 pm »
Mumble will be down over the weekend, because I will be shutting down my NAS on Friday afternoon, around 1600Z. After work in the study is finished, somewhere during Sunday December 2nd, I'll fire everything up again, and hope that Mumble still starts up ...  ::)
I'll report back here when all is back to normal.
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

Online EHM-2387 Eric-Jan

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2018, 06:42:19 pm »
Mumble is back online with a new location in the same room. Eveything fired up nice and smooth :)
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud