Community Discussion > Flight Operations

Red Crossing Germany

(1/8) > >>

EHM-2387 Eric-Jan:
For those of you that like to fly online, or just be well-prepared:

Here's a link to the VFR charts to go with this event.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c50r2egxcn78dta/Flightplans.rar?dl=0

And the PlanG files for the entire Event (FS9, FSX and X-Plane format)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c50r2egxcn78dta/Flightplans.rar?dl=0

EHM-2387 Eric-Jan:
Are any of you planning to fly the Event on X-Plane 9 or 10 (any sub-version)?
Please let me know, because three airports are unknown in these sims. I can create them, but that's a lot of work. If no-one is going to use them, I am not going to bother...  ;)
X-Plane 11 has them all  ::)

Also, I had to input the route in FS9 ICAO codes; that's the way the site works behind the scenes.
ETSM (Memmingen) in FS9 is called EDJA (Allgau) in FSX and beyond.
If all goes well, and you start the leg to Memmingen in FSX, FL should say your destination is EDJA (despite me entering ETSM in the route table). Fingers crossed!

EHM-2097 Andrei:
Hi E-J,

First thing first, congratulations for the event, most appropriate for me as for the moment I can only fly GA aircraft using X-Plane 11. Why nothing else works for me any longer is a long story and completely unrelated to the topic  :)

So I checked all stops along the route in X-Plane 11 and I met a couple of problems.

The first is one you already answered, about the non-existing ETSM. I even looked for it on maps and could not find it, but if it's the same as EDJA then problem solved!

The other one is ETEB which exists in X-Plane 11 (not sure about earlier versions), but looks like a helicopter air base with an appropriately short runway (it even has "H"s marked along it). This one is ~1200ft long, which is too short for the Baron, at least in theory  :)  I would suggest EDQF nearby, with a grass runway but one of a more appropriate length of ~2000ft. (I am not sure but this may still be too short for the Beech1900. EDFR has a longer asphalt runway but is further away).

On the good side... ETEB is the last stop before completing the event so it will be some time to decide before the leg opens.

Andrei

EHM-2387 Eric-Jan:
Hi Andrei,

EDJA=ETSM indeed. Not present in X-Plane 9 or 10, but it IS in X-Plane 11  ;D

I only checked if the ICAO exists in all sims, not WHAT they actually were  :D. So I'll have a look into ETEB and see what I can come up with as an X-Plane11 equivalent.

EHM-2387 Eric-Jan:

--- Quote from: EHM-2387 Eric-Jan on January 04, 2017, 06:17:05 pm ---...
If all goes well, and you start the leg to Memmingen in FSX, FL should say your destination is EDJA (despite me entering ETSM in the route table). Fingers crossed!

--- End quote ---

I just got to this leg in FSX, and things did not go well. FL showed ETSM in magenta, instead of EDJA in green, despite starting FSX well before FL.
Can someone flying FSX see if they have the same problem? That would mean I have to change your leg assignments in the database directly.
Perhaps this also goes for XP 9 and 10. I expect XP11 to work correctly, since Andrei has flown to Memmingen already.

Just not sure if this is just MY problem (I also have FS9 installed), or that I need to dive into the database and fix things for others.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version