Author Topic: What's your favourite aircraft and why?  (Read 1783 times)

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
What's your favourite aircraft and why?
« on: August 12, 2022, 05:50:30 pm »
I'd like to know what your favourite aircraft is out of our extensive fleet, and why that plane?

For me, it's the Boeing 737-400, one of our Museum planes:-

I love the 737 series in general, but I particularly enjoy flying the 737-400 because the first really impressive payware aircraft I bought was the FS2002 Dreamfleet Boeing 737-400, and I spent hours learning everything I could about it from the manual. It was such a step forward from the default planes, and getting to grips with the FMC was a delightful challenge :)

I'm using the Wilco 737 PIC panel merged with the EHO 734 model now, which is great fun and reminds me of my early days here at EHM when the Version 3 livery was the new look ;)

When I get some time, I'm going to try and repaint the Wilco 734 model with the EHM V3 livery, but that's for another time. For now, I'm happy just to enjoy some flights in this beautiful Museum piece  8)

So, what do you each enjoy flying, and what makes it special? Share your thoughts here  :)
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-2387 Eric-Jan

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
Re: What's your favourite aircraft and why?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2022, 07:18:22 pm »
I used to fly the PMDG 737-800 on FSX, and made an EHM livery for that one. I am planning to purchase the MSFS2020 version, because it was definitely an "as real as it gets" plane. I just love the attention to detail and the realism.

Having said that, my heart lies with General Aviation planes. I am currently hooked on the G1000 version of the MSFS Cessna C208B Caravan, mostly because it has systems comparable with my real life airplane (a G500 Aquila A210), plus an autopilot.

When I "grow out of" the A210, I hope to progress towards a Diamond DA-40 (G1000, with autopilot of course), which has been my dream airplane since I started out on my real life flying journey in 2012.
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud
VA Management: Operations Officer