Community Discussion > Screenshot Discussion

What was your first flight like?

(1/3) > >>

EHM-1465 Dominic:
Last week, I decided to recreate my first ever flight for EHM, 18 years on!

On 31/07/2004, I flew a Jetstream 41 from Manchester to East Midlands UK and began my career with EuroHarmony VA. The livery was different and the aircraft was a much less advanced model than we are used to now, but I remember that the experience was really exciting!

Here's a pic from the recreated flight, which I really enjoyed...

What do you remember about your first flight with EuroHarmony?

EHM-2131 Bruce:
Hi, MY first flight with the group was on the 25th June  2007, IN A Beech 1900B , from EGLL to EGNM
 In those days l was using a second hand HP computer with FS 2004, it was so poor l had to fly with all the settings at minimum, so was flying over ground with hardly  any details , even then the frame rates of 10/12 fps,
According to my log I crashed short of the runway,. Here l am 15 years later and 2478 flights on the group, still enjoying my time with the group, and the friends l have made there, not being able to get about much now it is a great a pleasure to be able to fly about in the virtual world . l am using FSX now and have a much better  computer so thing look a lot better

Best regards Bruce EHM-2131

EHM-1465 Dominic:
I'm glad to hear you're getting much better frame rates now Bruce - nothing quite as frustrating as Flightsim with the stutters!

Ironically I'm back flying with FS2004 - I never really took to FSX and I have so many addons for FS9 that I went straight back to it after returning to simming recently :) I know the visuals would be better with a more modern platform, but I still really enjoy flying in my old familiar aircraft, like the Wilco 737 PIC and Flight1 ATR-72...

Thanks for sharing your first flight Bruce :) Anybody else want to join in?

EHM-2131 Bruce:
Hello,  Dominic, l notice from your last post you are using FS2004, are you using it on Windows 10 ?,
Like you l have a lot invested in fs2004, l have used it on XP and W 7 with no problem's,  in May l upgraded to W10 and so far have not been able to get anything to load, tried it in MS games folder and out of it in a special  made folder, on my C drive,
Just wondered if you are on W10 and how you managed to get it to work , still think it is more stable than fSx , best regards Bruce EHM-2131

EHM-1465 Dominic:
Hi Bruce,
I’m sorry to say I can’t offer any useful advice on that front as I’m doing my flying on an old Windows 7 laptop I bought from my mother-in-law! Old but it works well enough for FS2004 :)

I have found lots of good advice on the Forums at Flightsim.com and Avsim over the years. If you search there, you may well find that someone has posted a solution.

Good luck!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version