Author Topic: Unknown reason for crash  (Read 7194 times)

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
Unknown reason for crash
« on: October 27, 2005, 01:09:02 am »
Dear pilots,

We have a new ProPilot version. Everyday it's getting better!

Unfortunately this time we don't have "good" news for you ;D.

After one week and a half we have 29 airplanes crashed. So, we decided to take small measures in order to try to make you think of what was the causes for that.

So, we implemented a new process that starts when you crash an airplane. Here are the new steps that you (and MT) must follow:

1. When you crash an airplane, your account is suspended and the system will send an automatic email to your pilot email.

2. When you try to enter ProPilot you receive a message saying that you must fill a report on your Pilot Information area. You must go there and fill the report of what happened giving all the details for it. This is important for us to know if you made something that can be corrected (or not).
After you fill the report, you click the "Send Report" button and it will send an email to your Hub Manager with your report.

3. The Hub Manager will then contact you via email giving you suggestions to correct what happened and will give you a suspension days interval (no more than 3 days).

4. After that period, the system will automatically unlock your account and send you an email with that information.

Regards and safe flights,

Offline EHM-1744 Danny

• Contact departure
Unknown reason for crash
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 08:27:21 am »
This is all very nice.... but 2 days ago I landed perfectly and when I was busy to taxi to the gate the aircraft's nose came up and the aircraft disapeared under the runway...??!? (I know, it sounds stupid...)
Next thing I saw was that the aircraft was crashed..... I realy don't understand anything about what happend....
Best Regards, Danny Groeneveld EHM-1744

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
Unknown reason for crash
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 10:31:21 am »
Hi,

Of course all cases will not have the same suspension days.

In that case you will be automatically unsuspended because the problem was not due to a pilot flying mistake.

Offline EHM-1744 Danny

• Contact departure
Unknown reason for crash
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 10:33:57 am »
Ok, I understand!

Thank you for your comment!

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
Unknown reason for crash
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2005, 11:11:09 am »
The script to update all FAC's as ran.

Any doubts, post them here.

Regards,

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
Unknown reason for crash
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2005, 01:39:57 am »
Hi Guys,

I have a question/comment about Pro Pilot. It's to do with Overspeed when Flying on IVAO. It has happened a number of times now that I have gone overspeed due to the sudden change in weather on IVAO. This was especially apparent last night when I was transatlantic on the way back from KIAD to EGLL. I was happily plodding along at Mach .82 when all of a sudden the winds made a very sudden and unrealistic change. Low and behold I was overspeed before I could do anything about it. Now I know this happens in real life, but I'm sure it's not so severe to take you from Mach .82 to .94 in an instant. (That's almost a 15% instant increase in speed!) I know this would be very difficult to overcome but I would be interested if anybody else has suffered this annomily. I know the answer is to fly slower, but just how slow do I have to fly. (Especially when the long range speed of the 744 is listed as Mach .85, I would have thought Mach .82 was ample leeway for any sudden gusts)

Cheers,

Phil

BTW My computer hung so I was unable to complete the flight anyway. (only 2 hours of flying time wasted!):s
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
Unknown reason for crash
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2005, 09:48:42 am »
Phil

Obvious thing to say - assuming you have the paid for FSUIPC, turn on the METAR smoothing in FSUIPC.

It's designed to aleviate exactly this kind of problem by damping changes in METAR over a longer period of time.
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
Unknown reason for crash
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2005, 12:04:16 pm »
Ahhhhhh Right, No I dont think I have paid for FSUIPC as I did not have a reason to. (That I could see!) Now ofcourse, I do!

Thanks for the tip Murray, I knew there must be an answer.

Cheers.

Phil
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

Offline EHM-1570 Bruce

• Geostationary orbit
Unknown reason for crash
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2005, 02:04:04 pm »
I had a similar occurance as Conimus , where I landed OK in the Dash-8 at EIDW, vacated the runway and got taxi clearance to the gate, I was taxying at 15kts when the nose gear collapsed, and the aircraft crashed.
Bruce Woodbridge
EHM 1570

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
Unknown reason for crash
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2005, 02:45:27 pm »
I think I have solved my problem as well, it's my connection. If i get disconnected from IVAO then of course all of a sudden I am overspeed cos I have no tail wind!

ahhh well, at least I know what causes it now.

Cheers.

Phil
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

Offline EHM-1744 Danny

• Contact departure
Unknown reason for crash
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2005, 06:29:18 am »
Where can the pilot crash report be found?
Not in the Pilot Information Section...

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
Unknown reason for crash
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2005, 05:31:10 pm »
Verify it again Danny ;)

anything