Author Topic: Aircraft Damage  (Read 4864 times)

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
Aircraft Damage
« on: November 16, 2005, 05:08:16 pm »
Hi Bruno,

I had a bit of a problem this morning Landing at Chicago and had to make a last minute go around as traffic decided to pull on the runway in front of me. My reactions were a little too harsh for the A330 and resulted in a G factor large enough to damage the aircraft.

My question is, what happens to that aircraft now? It is still available at KORD but I'm guessing it is in a damaged state. When does it go for repair and get taken out of the schedule? Will my poor piloting cause somebody else who decides to bring it back to have failures?

Basically, is it safe for me to bring it home to it's Hub?

Cheers,
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
Aircraft Damage
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 05:54:33 pm »
Hi,

G factors cause the failure probability of that airplane to increase.
It means that the probability of having a failure on that airplane on someone's hands will increase :) ..

Don't worry. You're not the first one to have that.
Also, I checked your airplane and the failure coeficient is still very low for a failure.

Regards,

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
Aircraft Damage
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2005, 06:36:21 pm »
Right then, Better make a trip back to Chicago to pick it up then!

:o
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
Aircraft Damage
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2005, 07:39:40 pm »
Oh well, guess somebody else will have to get it! I'm suspended for junking yet another aircraft on the end of a runway, this time at EDDT. I guess my skills are just not good enough for Pro Pilot!

Bruno, I sent the letter of resignation from propilot before you could sack me and I have changed my bank account number before you could get hold of the money for this one :P
Phil Nutt EHM 1703