Author Topic: maximum load factor?  (Read 4695 times)

EHM-1093 Michel

maximum load factor?
« on: December 02, 2005, 09:02:25 pm »
aloha,

what can trigger a maximum load factor penalty?
On my last flight I got again a penalty for this but I can not find out what caused it. speed  and angle were ok.
could it be the weight? I had 60% fuel left and in fs2004 it did not gave any problems with the weight.
It cost me again 900 points....frustrating :(

greetz

Offline EHM-1358 Tim

• Intergalactic!!
maximum load factor?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 09:07:30 pm »
The max load might be due to the ammount of G's you put on the plane, during a high speed turn for long periods of time maybe.

Offline EHM-0502 Desmond

• FL100
maximum load factor?
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2005, 09:22:59 pm »
There is a maximum load factor for landing and take-off. Probably exceeded the max landing load (too much fuel left on board on landing). Should try to have enough fuel left to reach alternate airport + 30 minutes or so flying.

EHM-1093 Michel

maximum load factor?
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2005, 11:15:51 pm »
Thanks guys.....
I think I will have to improve my calculation skills :)

greetz

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
maximum load factor?
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2005, 01:15:20 pm »
Finally found the post on the FSPassengers forum I was looking for...

A fuel emergency is one emergency that can be prevented in 99% of cases. Always plan to have enough fuel to get to your destination,
and complete a go-around, then fly another missed approach and land at your farthest alternate. Fuel planning is left up to the pilots at
my airline, and I'll normally plan to land with no less than 6000 lbs of fuel on board (1000 gallons... and you complain about your vehicles
gas being expensive?!?!?). That's on a normal VMC day. On a IMC day, arrival fuel may be as high as 10,500Lbs (I haven't had any
higher amounts yet, but it is possible).
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-1500 Jim

maximum load factor?
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2005, 01:25:35 pm »
i had same penalty whilst flying on-line with Jonathan the other night despite being lazy and doing a full cat3 automated ils landing with the pmdg 737-800  -  i think what happened was that after programming the fmc with initial fuel load i pushed back close to the airfield re-fueling station which must have given me a full  fuel load which the fmc did not register?? The moto......alweays check your mirrors when reversing!!!! LOL JIm

EHM-1500 Jim

maximum load factor?
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2005, 01:26:14 pm »
i had same penalty whilst flying on-line with Jonathan the other night despite being lazy and doing a full cat3 automated ils landing with the pmdg 737-800  -  i think what happened was that after programming the fmc with initial fuel load i pushed back close to the airfield re-fueling station which must have given me a full  fuel load which the fmc did not register?? The moto......alweays check your mirrors when reversing!!!! LOL JIm

anything