Author Topic: Crash after end of flight  (Read 4415 times)

EHM-1532 Søren

Crash after end of flight
« on: December 11, 2005, 04:51:58 pm »
I just finished a flight with PP from EDDH to EGLL. An uneventful flight, and I made one of my best landings ever.
I taxied toM I could have made a mistake starting the flight but I am almost sure I did not. I then went to the PP site and noticed I had made a crash, mmm strange, FS didn't register a crash, I shut the ac down after the flight and disconnected from IVAO as usual.
I couldn't view any ACARS info from the logger, but seeing the info from the site I saw it registered a crash after shutdown. How can this be?????

Offline EHM-2089 Vincent

• FL100
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 12:59:32 pm »
I was kind of surprised when my plane reported a crash, a perfect approach to LSZH, a good touchdown at -300ft/min odd, but after the front wheel touched, dont know what happened, the plane traveling at over 100 knots veered to the left, turning the plane as it hit the left wing on the ground .... and then the crash... boom!!!

I just dont know what could have gone wrong, I normally press the 5 key before landing to align the wheels and other parts reset to the straight position. In my earlier flight, the report showed excessive G's and said plane was damaged ... dont know it that was responsible for my crash.

PP recognizes crash as anything more than some feet/min when you hit the ground probably!!. Got to make smoother landings.
Vincent,
Bangalore

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 10:38:25 pm »
Hi,

It doesn't.

The only way we can get a crash report is when, and only when the flight simulator tells it so. In this case, when you see the "Aircraft crashed" window on your flight simulator.

There isn't other way for it. You don't need to do smooth landings. ;D

What we all suggest, as was said earlier, when you shutdown your engines, you should send the PIREP, and then close the Flight Logger because the ACARS system is still running (something that will not happen on the next version).

Offline EHM-2089 Vincent

• FL100
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 07:17:37 am »
Thanks Bruno, I did do a self inspection again, and I must admit fault on my landing process. Touchdown speed of 100 and -200 - 250 is what is recommended. I was over that limit!!

I must admit PP is helpful to point out our mistakes and also a time that will help us go back to the manuals and refer to safe landing process's something which a normal plane pilot would always do!!
Vincent,
Bangalore