Author Topic: IVAO TeamSpeak company frequency  (Read 3811 times)

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
IVAO TeamSpeak company frequency
« on: January 24, 2006, 03:13:02 pm »
I've spend the last few minutes reading up on this in the IVAO forum (and databases) and I think I have it all worked out now.

For the Long Haul event it is intended that there will be an "EHM_VA" channel running on nl.ts.ivao.aero (provisionally),  but there's no reason this couldn't become a more permanent thing: we're a Dutch VA as far as IVAO is concerned, getting a company channel on "our" ts server should be possible.

If you want IVAP to understand the channel automatically, so that you can get to it from within IVAP, make your "companyfreq.dat" file in the root of your IVAP installation look like this (should be single line spaced by the way):

Code: [Select]

# Company frequencies
# frequency:callsign:teamspeak server/teamspeak channel
# example:
#131.900:IVAO_OPS:be.ts.ivao.aero/IVAO_OPS
131.650:EHM_VA:nl.ts.ivao.aero/EHM_VA

(And if you're wondering why 131.650, it's unused according to the IVAO frequencies database.)

I'll be tweaking my IVAP config for this tonight to test it on the long VFR WT leg from UUBP to EPZA (again, tonight...)

MINOR EDIT: Seems to work fine in very simple testing. I've changed the TS channel name to "match" those already on nl.ts.ivao.aero (as above).

FURTHER EDIT: Following further tests last night, IVAP seems unwilling/unable to deal with long channel names, so for the event the channel will be "EHM_VA" as originally posted (the code snippet above is once again correct).
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

anything