Author Topic: Where\'s propilot gone?  (Read 4313 times)

EHM-1199 Philip

Where\'s propilot gone?
« on: April 28, 2006, 08:13:45 pm »
Hi,
Logged on this evening and the propilot link has disappeared. What's happened? Is this a known problem or a bug. (Earlier today I had a new link on my pilot information page that said 'change profile' - didn't touch it but it appeared to the right of my pro pilot link. All very confusing.

EHM-1199 Philip

Where\'s propilot gone?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 08:16:34 pm »
Found it now under divisions ... but why has the link been taken away from the pilot information page?

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
Where\'s propilot gone?
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 08:43:06 pm »
Hmmm... Only management/the web development team were supposed to see the ProPilot link in the Pilot Profile... I wonder why you were part of the old list...

Anyway Phil, in answer to your question, I have been working on the Pilot Profile in advance of rolling out the "Change Profile" code tomorrow morning. I've also made a further change to the profile to make it easier for us (the MT) to control the "additional secret links" on the Profile page (basically, the ProPilot link and the Change Profile link you saw earlier, plus any others we add as part of the ongoing development). You'd have lost both the ProPilot and Change Profile links when said new code went live (couple of hours ago now...)

Now you mention it though, putting a link to ProPilot on the profile page for everyone makes some sense - to be honest I'd not have known where to find it (other than the Profile page) if you hadn't said in your post above.
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
Where\'s propilot gone?
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 09:32:42 pm »
Hi,

Philip don't forget that you were part of the management, so, now that you status is updated you cannot see it anymore.

Regs,

EHM-1199 Philip

Where\'s propilot gone?
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 11:16:16 pm »
That's it Murray in a nutshell and it's come about it seems out of an oversight ... the most obvious place for the link is on the pilot's own information page. As you state, when it's not there the location of it is not as obvious. Indeed, non of the menu buttons across the grey bar lead to a Propilot page and the only other way in as I see it is to follow the Division link and yet strictly speaking, Propilot isn't really a division.

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
Where\'s propilot gone?
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2006, 08:29:13 am »
Originally posted by Plymyphil
...and yet strictly speaking, Propilot isn't really a division.

No, it's more of a Pilot's feature... But that's not really a discussion for here and now. You let the MT worry about it (I'm going to "plead" this case quite strongly, soon as we get this coming weeks works out of the way...).
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

anything