Author Topic: Fly-in organisation  (Read 2969 times)

EHM-1617 Iain

Fly-in organisation
« on: October 09, 2006, 05:38:33 pm »
At the moment, we have lots of different forums with lots of different hub and EHM fly-ins. Some send emails, others appear online, and others just have a small announcement on the forum. It takes quite a while to browse through and find out what is up and coming.

What I would like to see is a single (sticky?) thread in the fly-ins forum called 'Upcoming Fly-ins'. In here could be a single post (no discussion, that can be in separate threads) for every upcoming flyin, for any hub or the whole VA.

The post would only include specific information like:

Name
Hub of fly-in
Network
Event to celebrate (if applicable)
Date
Start time
Departure Airport (charts link)
Arrival Airport (charts link)
Flight Number
Route (link to download .pln file)
Estimated Time Enroute
Aircraft
Brief Description
Discussion Thread

For Example:

Name: Million Mile Fly-in
Hub: Heathrow Hub (EGLL) - All Pilots Welcome
Network: IVAO
Event: Heathrow Hub has passed 1000000 miles on ProPilot.
Date: 24.09.06
Start Time: 1900Z
Departure airport: Lisboa (LPPT) Charts
Arrival airport: Heathrow (EGLL) Charts  Username: ivaogb     Password: ivaogb
Flight Number: 6001 (class 6 main) OR C290 (class 6 cargo)
Route: LPPT SID FTM UP600 STG UN866 QPR UN868 AKIKI UN867 KATHY STAR EGLL (.pln download)
Estimated Time Enroute: 02:00
Aircraft: Of your choice
Description: In less than a year of Propiloting, Heathrow hub pilots have amassed more than one million miles of flying. Join us at this fly-in to celebrate this achievement. You can expect IVAO ATC most of the way.
Discussion: Discussion Thread

And nothing else... clear and all in one place.

When the fly-in is done, the message is deleted and other threads are used for discussion, screenshots etc. I wouldn't mean this to in any way replace the Online Flying page of the site, just for it to be an up-to-date list of upcoming fly-ins.

I think it could increase our fly-in participation and I would be happy to maintain such a list myself if anyone wants it?

Comments anyone? :8;D

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
Fly-in organisation
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 06:07:27 pm »
Dear Iain,

What you had said is something is we are already thinking: A Fly-In scheduler.

Our Fly-In scheduler is new feature that will permit the Hub Managers/OFT Team to create the fly in's and permit the pilots to sign up for the fly in that they want to fly.

This feature will solve the problem that you said. So, you just need to wait until it's developed.

(I'm sorry Conrad, the problem was mine because I didn't inform you of that, it's being developed by Ricardo Plácido)

Regards,

EHM-1617 Iain

Fly-in organisation
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 06:08:10 pm »
Sorry, I may have been a little unclear. What I meant was for the ideas bantering to continue as before, in the respective hub forum. Then the list I am talking about would simply be a complied list of all the fly-ins from all which were confirmed, not just ones that might happen or are still at the ideas stage, no discussion or chat or ideas, just a simple list of fly-ins.

While I agree that the system we have now works, it can be time-consuming and difficult to find out which fly-ins that are coming you would be able to be present in. What I am proposing would make a simple glance at a list all that is necessary.

Take the current situation as an example. I go to the online flying pages, I see that we have an 'October Online Department Event' coming up. But browsing through the forums, I see lots of announcements spread out for a few fly-ins, most of these in the middle of an ideas thread or a great long discussion. Compliling a list in one place of confirmed upcoming flyins would make it easier to see which ones you can be present at without wading through pages of posts and ideas.

Just an idea ;D;)

EHM-1617 Iain

Fly-in organisation
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 06:09:12 pm »
OK Bruno, we were typing at the same time!

That sounds like a great system and one that I would make good use out of.

Offline EHM-0471 Peter

• Cruise Altitude
Fly-in organisation
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 07:03:43 pm »
By my oppinion - very good idea in general. All what you?ve been discussing furthermore are only details and nothing else. I must confess, some speed up should be of great importance, since last few fly-ins I participated in, have showed clearly that this type of events becomes more and more popular.
So, hurry up, most of us we'll be very grateful.

Peter