Author Topic: IFC Birmingham  (Read 10136 times)

Offline EHM-1651 Christian

• Martian transfer
IFC Birmingham
« on: November 10, 2006, 10:15:07 pm »
Info about IFC Europe Convention 2006 in Birmingham

Exhibitor Floorplan:  

Here

This link is now to the new floorplan with EHM at stand number 29

NEC Siteplan:

Here

Tickets and opening hours:
   Here

Advanced ticket booking make you save some money, one day pass advanced purchase 10£ on the door 12£
Another benfit is that you get fast track entrance if you have bought the tickets in advance.

From the IFC forum:
We are pleased to announce that a full size Eurofighter will take centre stage at this years IFC Convention in Birmingham at the NEC, this is an incredible display, further more they will be also exhibiting the Harrier cockpit just two more reasons to be at the greatest Flightsimulation Convention in the world.......there will be more and more news being posted about whats going to be at this years Convention over the coming weeks....

Accomodation can be found using these sites:

VISIT BIRMINGHAM or

NEC HOTEL INFO

Destinations and flightinfo to Birmingham available at BHX/EGBB homepage:

Birmingham Int Airport homepage

Train to The NEC from Birmingham

Here are timetables from Birmingham New Sreet Station to Birmingham International:
With Central train you must use the Birmingham-Coventry-Northampton line:

Timetables

This timetable also include the Virgin Trains on the line between Birmingham New Street and Birmingham International. So you get the comlpete timetable here.

For railconnections from other stations please check:

National Rail

The Fare between Birmingham and the NEC is 2.80£ one-way and 5.30£ return
Fares found at www.nationalrail.co.uk

Hope this is helpful to anyone planning to or going to The IFC 2006

If anyone is wondring about something I'll try to dig out the answeres for you, just send me an mail U2U or contact me on MSN or Skype

And I'll hope all that are going there have a great time

And for myself I'm staying at the Novotel at Birmingham airport.
EHM-1651 CHRISTIAN BAKKE "A pilots ego equals the wingspan" Stated by a Captain of Widerøe

Offline EHM-1883 Matt

• Martian transfer
IFC Birmingham
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 10:40:01 pm »
HAHA!!!! NEC is just down the road for me *takes pride*

If anybody has any problems with travel, ask me. I live in Birmingham (if you haven't noticed yet:s) so I know most of the transport that goes there.

Suprisingly, it's even harder for me! I have to drive to Birmingham New Street, catch a train to Birmingham International, then walk all the way to the NEC! The NEC's about 10 miles from where I am.

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
IFC Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 11:23:48 pm »
Hi,

We will be at IFC for the ones that don't know. In front of the Microsoft stand ;)

Regards,

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
IFC Birmingham
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 11:38:45 pm »
Hello all!

Well as Bruno said above, we will now be right in front of the Microsoft Stand in the middle of the hall. The floorplan has changed considerably since the one that is showing on the IFC website so please stand by as this should be updated soon. For those of you that are coming, we will be on Stand 29 now.

I will be there both days and will probably spend most of my time at the EHM stand. I am staying at the NEC Premier Travel Inn on the Friday and the Saturday nights. (I am still trying to negotiate for Saturday night out as the wife wants me to take her to Birmingham to some show or concert! :( )

More firm details about the EHM stand will be posted closer to the time!

Cheers,

Phil
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

EHM-1671 Ben

IFC Birmingham
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2006, 12:01:11 am »
Unfortunately, I will not. Tickets to the other side of the globe are expensive and I don't know if my parents will let me go alone! Lol.

For those who are going, have a great time and be proud to represent EuroHarmony ;D

EHM-1821 Javier

IFC Birmingham
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2006, 05:12:36 am »
Originally posted by EHM-1671 Ben
Unfortunately, I will not. Tickets to the other side of the globe are expensive and I don't know if my parents will let me go alone! Lol.

Me too:]:'(

err, could someone take some videos for us who are not going? :]:D

Offline EHM-1883 Matt

• Martian transfer
IFC Birmingham
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2006, 09:59:27 am »
Can I just ask which hall it's in? Is it hall 9 or Hall 1? I'd guess it'd be one of those because they're the biggest halls

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
IFC Birmingham
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2006, 10:13:51 am »
Sorry Matt, the show is not that big! It is in Hall 3A
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

Offline EHM-1883 Matt

• Martian transfer
IFC Birmingham
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2006, 10:22:18 am »
Hall 3A? Much smaller than I expected *cries*

Never mind! If all goes wrong, we can invade the train show!

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
IFC Birmingham
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2006, 10:42:48 am »
There will be nearly 100 stands there so I am sure there will be plenty to keep you occupied for a day! If you look at other Hobby exhibitions which take place at the NEC, this is actually quite large, okay, it does not compete with the Car shows or Fashion events, but it is still bigger than most hobby events! If there is not enough for you in the IFC may I suggest a visit to Hall 2 to the Sport Aviation show which is on at the same time! Maybe you could try your hand at Microlights?

For those who are visiting, seriously, consider coming by train, plane or bus...... The Clothes Show Live is on at the same time and is a huge exhibition spanning 6 halls of the NEC and apparently last year the parking was not only expensive but also horrific!

Here is the site plan:
http://www.necgroup.co.uk/pdfs/plans/NECSitePlan.pdf

As you can see, if you are staying over, try and get in to one of the Hotels on or near the NEC site, it will be a great benefit to you. The airport Novotel is also a good (but expensive) option as the free SkyRail link to the station takes you directly to the NEC Piazza via a short walk.
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
IFC Birmingham
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2006, 02:26:29 pm »
Just to let you all know, the Exhibitors floorplan abvove is still the old one. There is no link to the new one yet.
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

Offline EHM-1883 Matt

• Martian transfer
IFC Birmingham
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2006, 02:43:42 pm »
I'd just like to tell everyone this little fact.

If you are coming to the NEC via train, please try your best to find a train that will go to BIRMINGHAM INTERNATIONAL not BIRMINGHAM NEW STREET. The reason why I say this is because I have to go via New Street, and it is an amazing hassle, and it's so d**n hard to get to international from New street, and I live here, so if it's so difficult for me, I think it would be even harder to  come a good 100 miles, then getting lost around New Street station, which is something you DON'T want to do. Trust me on that one. So try your best to get a train straight to International.

If there is a problem and you have to go via New Street, this is what you do. I'm not sure whether things have changed since I went to the NEC by train, but you need to get on a virgin train which goes to London. It stops at International, so you have to get off there. I can't tell you where to get a ticket, as the floorplan of New Street is constantly changing.

Offline EHM-1358 Tim

• Intergalactic!!
IFC Birmingham
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2006, 05:46:36 pm »
I'm not sure if I can go because I have an exam on the Sunday.:{

Offline EHM-1980 Brian

• Martian transfer
IFC Birmingham
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2006, 11:08:32 pm »
i'll be flying over from Dublin very early morning on the 2nd December but will be flying back the same evening due to work commitmens on the sunday - looking forward to meet everyone ;D
Brian McGloughlin /  EHM-1980

EHM-1617 Iain

IFC Birmingham
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2006, 12:49:18 pm »
For planning journeys in the UK using public transport, you can go here http://directgov.transportdirect.info/directgov/en

EHM-1343 Jonathan

IFC Birmingham
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2006, 01:29:45 pm »
I'll be down nice and early Sunday morning...Badminton Club commitments on Saturday and not to mention the Footy;D

EHM-1798 Conrad

IFC Birmingham
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2006, 06:13:16 pm »
bloody hate football,

will be there both days, switching between Ivao and Ehm

• Martian transfer
IFC Birmingham
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2006, 08:06:34 am »
Other exhibitions at NEC dec 2. and 3.

If you find that you have some spare time at the NEC after checking out the hole IFC exhibition.
There is also more aviation at the NEC 2-3 december:
Sport and Leisure Aviation Show (Trade & Public) Link: NEC Info site

Or you can check the complete list yourself here:
NEC Exhibition Calendar
EHM-1651 CHRISTIAN BAKKE "A pilots ego equals the wingspan" Stated by a Captain of Widerøe

Offline EHM-1980 Brian

• Martian transfer
IFC Birmingham
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2006, 07:38:26 pm »
Originally posted by EHM-1798 Conrad
bloody hate football

:o:o:o   a non-believer..... we'll have to convert him Razza to the ways of the great game!  ;D

Offline EHM-1883 Matt

• Martian transfer
IFC Birmingham
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2006, 08:49:49 pm »
Count me in Brian!;D We need the world to see that Birmingham FC is a fantastic club, and that *ahem* 7-0 disaster *ahem* was fixed.

Offline EHM-1980 Brian

• Martian transfer
IFC Birmingham
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2006, 10:24:49 am »
:]:]:]  - is that the same Birmingham FC that was relegated to the championship last year *muffled laughter* -  go on the 'mighty blues' i say.......  Chelsea that is!!!  ;D;D   - dont worry i'm sure Birmingham will be back in the Premiership by say.........2010??

• Martian transfer
IFC Birmingham
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2006, 11:48:17 am »
Well and then this topic went hard left off the runway, must have been som bad gust's:|

Offline EHM-1980 Brian

• Martian transfer
IFC Birmingham
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2006, 11:52:51 am »
i'd like to call it a 'slight diversion' actually.......lol   ;D

• Martian transfer
IFC Birmingham
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2006, 08:01:39 pm »
Originally posted by EHM-1980 Brian
i'd like to call it a 'slight diversion' actually.......lol   ;D

And yes LOL to you aswell :8

• Martian transfer
IFC Birmingham
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2006, 01:07:36 pm »
Well maybe we could sign us in here as who is going to visit the IFC 2006 Convention.
 I'm going to be there both days. Arriving at EGBB 1000UTC.