Author Topic: Diverting due to technical problems. What now?  (Read 4364 times)

EHM-1714 João

Diverting due to technical problems. What now?
« on: January 22, 2007, 11:33:26 pm »
Hi.

I was taking my Beech 1900C from Tenerife to Lisbon and with 2hours into the flight something happened.
Although I had left the aircraft cruising at just 175kts propilot registered an overspeed at 220kts. From this point on everything in the airplane seems not to be functioning properly. I lost the altitude indicator and with a fuel flow of just 300lbs/h per engine (which i normally use when cruising this plane) I'm getting a strange feeling. Seems like the engines are working too much and the ias is close to 200kias when it normally not exceed 180kias with the current settings and winds.
Also all of a sudden I got a penalty saying that the altimeter was not standard after F180. Well... I had been cruising for at least 1h30m when this happened.
So, now I'm diverting to Madeira (LPMA) and I just would like to know what to do next to complete the Lisbon - Dakar event. Will i have to make the Tenerife - Lisbon flight from the beggining? That doesn't sound very realistic.

Obrigado,
João

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 07:54:39 am »
hi Joao,

once similar happened to me, when I used the in-build "real weather download" feature of FS. I made an emergency landing on a field in my way, and I resetted the airplane which helped...it was before the days of PP, and I did not file that PIREP. Then I heard it helps, if you simply reload the plane in the air. It resets the gauges and everything, and strange things can be easily solved ;)

AMD X4-955 3.2GHz / Gigabyte 770T / 4 GB DDR / Gigabyte GTS450 1GB DDR
Samsung 226BW@1680x1050 / WinXP.3 / FS9.1 / FSX.1 / Saitek Cyborg 3DGold

EHM-1714 João

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 09:26:33 pm »
Originally posted by EHM-1001 Robert
hi Joao,

once similar happened to me, when I used the in-build "real weather download" feature of FS. I made an emergency landing on a field in my way, and I resetted the airplane which helped...it was before the days of PP, and I did not file that PIREP. Then I heard it helps, if you simply reload the plane in the air. It resets the gauges and everything, and strange things can be easily solved ;)

Hello Robert,

Thank you for your answer. Does anybody know exactly what do to now? I've got the plane at Madeira.

João