Author Topic: Nonononono....  (Read 5997 times)

EHM-0250 Magnus

Nonononono....
« on: March 04, 2007, 06:02:04 pm »
Flew the third leg of the 2007 F1 event, to Melbourne. Everything went fine. After landing, shutting the engines down, shutting the lights down, and turning the battery off, I go to submit the flight. I check the acars.  There I get a penalty for starting without the beacon lights on, AFTER I shut engine 4 down and before I shut the rest of the engines down, in Melbourne.  But the big problem comes when I can't submit the PIREP due to lack of information... I think this penalty has something to do with it. Who can help me?

The flight is included in my regular flights but not my ProPilot flights.

EHM-1612 Paolo

Nonononono....
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 06:56:30 pm »
Hi Magnus, I had the same thing flying from Kuwait City to Kuala Lumpur this afternoon. I think the problem doesn't come from penalties, but from losing the connection to the internet...I sent an email to Bruno, asking if he can just transport my plane from Kuwait to Kuala in the PP system.
You should do the same I think, just ask him to put your 747 in Melbourne.
I hope Bruno is going to solve our problems,
Ciao!

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
Nonononono....
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 06:57:55 pm »
Hi Magnus,

the problem can be, that you tried to submit the PIREP too late. I think, if you not allow engines to reach to a complete stop (N1=0% RPM) you cannot do anything, otherwise you got a penalty !

What I used to do is shut down the engines, and meanwhile the turbines slow down completely, I submit the PIREP, then quit from Logger, and only after I follow the shutdown procedure ;)

AMD X4-955 3.2GHz / Gigabyte 770T / 4 GB DDR / Gigabyte GTS450 1GB DDR
Samsung 226BW@1680x1050 / WinXP.3 / FS9.1 / FSX.1 / Saitek Cyborg 3DGold

EHM-1671 Ben

Nonononono....
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 08:06:57 pm »
Paolo, I don't think Bruno will do that. Since there is a 'lack' of information, then he can't be completely sure that you actually flew the flight. I had this exact same problem when I was flying from Genève to Kuwait... just had to fly the leg again! :(

EHM-1612 Paolo

Nonononono....
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 08:23:55 pm »
Yes, I perfectly understand you Ben, but this time I flew it online with 2 EHM pilots, so I think it can be different from other situations...
I am just trying not to repeat today's flight, because I spent 8 hours in front of the computer for nothing...:'(

Offline EHM-1945 Christophe

• Climbing
Nonononono....
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007, 08:28:33 pm »
Bruno, and all,

I can testify that Paolo did the flight Online as I was there as well with Luis. I even posted a shot in the screenshot forum, showing Paolo, approaching. On my side I have a "crash" problem, which prevent me to continue the event :@

Kristoff

P5K Premium + Core2Duo E8200 - 4 GBytes of RAM - nVIDIA PCIe 8800GT - 512 Mbytes of DDR3 - TripleHead2Go - 3 x Viewsonic Vx712/Vx715 LCD Monitors - GoFlight M

EHM-1612 Paolo

Nonononono....
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2007, 08:38:29 pm »
Cristophe, I saw u landing (perfect landing) and then I saw you leaving the rwy and gettin stuck in a point leaving the rwy. I am sure that's not a crash, so we just have to wait to see what Bruno decides :|
If we are both lucky, we can repeat togheter the second leg next week :]

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
Nonononono....
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2007, 09:38:02 pm »
Guys,

The error is caused by either take off or landing not being recorded by the server. This can either be because the Server was down or your internet or any multitude of reasons beyond our control in between. Just because your flight logger records an event and logs it in your local ACARS, it does not mean that the server has recorded it..... Let Bruno take a look and work his magic, I am sure he will be able to report back soon.

Thanks
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

Offline EHM-1945 Christophe

• Climbing
Nonononono....
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2007, 09:50:49 pm »
Paolo,

I hope Bruno will listen to you ;D I so, we take an appointment and do the flight again together as we did today. OK my friend :) And if not, let's try to flight again on line together with anybody else that wants to join us :>

Cheers
Kristoff

P5K Premium + Core2Duo E8200 - 4 GBytes of RAM - nVIDIA PCIe 8800GT - 512 Mbytes of DDR3 - TripleHead2Go - 3 x Viewsonic Vx712/Vx715 LCD Monitors - GoFlight M

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
Nonononono....
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2007, 12:00:23 am »
Hi,

Unfortunately I can't do much here. If the system doesn't have enough information to process the flight than the flight is not recorded and I can't move the airplane forward.

Two things to remember:

1. The "lack of information" on the PIREP submission is when the flight logger wasn't connected to internet on the TAKE-OFF and on the LANDING. Those 2 parameters need to be recorded to the site in order to validate the flight.

2. When you shutdown your engines, please send immediately the PIREP to us, and to IVAO. After that, you can close the flight logger so the flight logger doesn't send any more trash info.

Unfortunately this situation wasn't detected on 3.0.8. It will be corrected on 3.0.9.

Regards,

EHM-0250 Magnus

Nonononono....
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2007, 07:03:32 am »
I hope it's fixed in the next version. It's a bummer when you fly over 7 hours, and a fraction of a second decides if the PIREP will be valid or not. Guess I have to make the flight again. At least I got the flight as a regular PIREP, so I got the hours accounted for so it wasn't a total waste of time anyway. Well, time to start the engines!

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
Nonononono....
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2007, 09:36:27 am »
Indeed Magnus ;)

Regards and sorry for the inconvenience.