Author Topic: Vincents idea expanded!  (Read 3965 times)

Offline EHM-1883 Matt

• Martian transfer
Vincents idea expanded!
« on: April 13, 2007, 09:11:12 pm »
After Vincents post in the LSZH fly-in forum, I had an idea, just as crazy as his! We could try to get a date for a fly-in that a lot of people are comfortable with, try to get as many people as possible to do the event, and while flying, we all make formations. Not too complex, I mean we're not part of the military, but to get everyone to do some sort of Formation, then take screenshots, it would be amazing if it works, good to look at, and most of all (hopefully) it will be fun.

I could imagine there would be many doubts about this, because it will be hard trying to get an odd 15 pilots in a formation, and it might end up being more stressful then fun. Some people try to get it right, and it just doesn't go right, and then we try it over and over and over again until we think it's right, which isn't the idea. I don't know, it might or might not work, but I think it would be good if it works. We could have a contest for the best screenshot during the event, and the winner gets the picture put somewhere on the front page or something, but I don't know. See what you guys think of the idea!

EHM-1612 Paolo

Vincents idea expanded!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 09:19:37 pm »
Wow, that's just awsome. I just love crazy things on FS, and I tried some of them many times...It's a very good idea Matt, maybe it will be difficult but very very enjoyable for all of us. I think it won't be that hard, we just need to find an airport with 2 parallel rwys and taking off all together (using small prop planes, not our F1 747 lol :] ) and then the first ones will slow down and that's it!
This is going to be awsome! :8

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
Vincents idea expanded!
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 09:49:54 pm »
Our VFA fly in last year was something like this with about a ten of us all flying Barons and the likes on a short trip. It was by far the most succesful fly-in I have particiapted in at EHM.

I am all for the idea especially if we can talk some of our Controller freinds in to taking over local positions to ensure we get down safely! :P

I made a Video, I will upload it again and post a link later! :)
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

EHM-1612 Paolo

Vincents idea expanded!
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 09:58:36 pm »
Yeah, that was the macedonian fly-in wasn't it? I was the only one using a jet plane :8 that was a lot of fun, but I don't remember any formation...:[

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
Vincents idea expanded!
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 10:12:30 pm »
You're right Paolo and no there wasnt a formation.... Apart from on the ground afterwards :p

HERE is the link to the video I poromised. (38mb)
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

Offline EHM-1358 Tim

• Intergalactic!!
Vincents idea expanded!
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2007, 06:34:22 pm »
I say 15 people would be possible, not Red Arrow tight formation tough! ;D

We would have to pick a nice small (but lots of parking spaces), make sure everyone is ready, then all go to the runway and depart within 1min (max) of each other. The flight would have to be fairly long and straight, this would allow pilots to catch up and not get lost. Setting the autopilot for the altitude, so each can concentrate on the speed and position. The lead pilot would be keeping the same speed (previously told to other pilots) .

Offline EHM-2089 Vincent

• FL100
Vincents idea expanded!
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007, 03:24:08 pm »
I am game for this. I am really looking forward to something like on a weekend or so!!

My idea seems to be getting very popular huh!!! I didn't expect such a good reaction. I seriously thought it would be shunned. I am looking at a pattern to be flown by all pilot in the LSAS (Switzerland) FIR, something like flying out of Rwy 10 and then taking a good round of Swiss and then coming round and landing on Rwy 34 or something. Lest the weather being bad, ILS would help.

A smaller plane like B1900 or dash would be good for the formation as mentioned by Matt.
Vincent,
Bangalore

Offline EHM-1883 Matt

• Martian transfer
Vincents idea expanded!
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2007, 07:31:16 pm »
Well, I must say I didn't expect this reaction either!

I checked out LSAS, and it's a nice airport. I think it's appropriate.

Offline EHM-2089 Vincent

• FL100
Vincents idea expanded!
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2007, 08:40:46 am »
Lets go for it ... lets get a day fixed, preferably a weekend and then lets fly a pattern out there and post photos of it. Lets see how we don't get the number 1 position. I guess all of us can become like fighter pilots, and try and fly some close formations!!!
Vincent,
Bangalore