Author Topic: ProPilot FAC calculation bug(s)  (Read 4641 times)

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
ProPilot FAC calculation bug(s)
« on: September 10, 2007, 11:18:56 am »
Bruno has asked me to have a look at finding and quashing the bug(s) where when you submit a PP flight, the FAC score it gives back is wrong (fresh pair of eyes and all that).

Bruno tells me that Bruce has suffered at the hands of this bug, and I'm sure other have as well, so if one or more of you could describe in your own words what happens that would be useful (and please use as much detail as you can, even the slightest thing may prove useful)
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-2029 Sotiris

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 02:16:33 pm »
Well, two things:

1) We had a pilot who had only one flight and his entire penalty score added as normal score
2) We had another pilot with 53' worth of flying and 1000 points to their name
3) We also had a pilot who had over 7000 pts and after a crash went right down to 23.

I have deliberately left names out as this is just attempting to fix the bug and not comment on individuals' flying scores

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 03:02:23 pm »
Thanks Sotiris, that isn't quite as detailed as I think I'll need, but it's a good starting point.

I suspect that a lot of the problem people are those that haven't flown since the FAC update and their scores swing "wildly" from their old to new...

As an example, my own score is -7595.1. If I fly the entire Orient Express event online (assume 2hrs per leg, 0 new penalties) my score after each leg will be:

Leg 1 -7557.7
Leg 2 -7520.3
Leg 3 -7482.9
Leg 4 -7445.5
Leg 5 -7408.1
Leg 6 -7370.7
Leg 7 -7333.3
Leg 8 -7295.9
Leg 9 -7258.5

Obviously, can't test this for real until the OE event ;) If you have them, can you let me have pilot IDs (esp. your case #1) either by email or PM/Management Forum.

EDIT: and case #3 is entirely possible in the new FAC scheme assuming a *really* bad flight... Another direct example, assume I've flown 2 1hr PP flights, one online, no penalties, my FAC will be 37.9. I'm doing so well, I have a go at a 2hr online PP flight and make a right hash of it - 1000 flight penalties, want to guess what my new FAC is? -924.7!
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-2155 Mariano

• Sub-orbital
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 05:20:15 pm »
I haven't seen any errors happen to me so far, but since you're changing things, can you make it so the PP screen where your flight analysis is shown shows the positive points you've gained and why?

Offline EHM-1749 Hector

• Geostationary orbit
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 01:34:27 pm »
The easiest way to get a FAC of 700 is to have a FAC of 1200.:]

Good pilots keep their number of landings equal to their number of takeoffs. Takeoffs are optional but landings are Mandatory.

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2007, 09:09:48 am »
NOTAM to PP Pilots

All, last night we "fixed" the few remaining FACs that were completely and utterly wrong, so all pilots (whether they are active or not) have a correctly calculated FAC as per the new scheme.

Further, whilst we now have a reporting mechanism so we can keep an eye on all FACs, if you notice any wild inconsistancies, either in your own or others FACs, please let us know.
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

anything