Author Topic: October Fly-in  (Read 8039 times)

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
October Fly-in
« on: October 05, 2007, 01:57:24 pm »
Will remain a secret for a while yet, but I can confirm it will take place on Sunday 28th October and will be starting early in the morning - c.0800Z (which is 8 o'clock in the morning for the UK, that's the day that summertime rolls back!)

UPDATE: Yay! Now the NDA on the A380 is lifted I can complete the fly-in.

As I'm sure you all guessed, our fly-in this month ties in with the release of the A380 to the fleet (and the real-world, of course). We invite pilots to re-create Singapore Airlines historic first passenger service by flying WSSS to YSSY. Both flying networks will be in use for this one. More news when I've finished the fly-in page.
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
October Fly-in
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 09:54:13 am »
*bump*

Fly-in page is up: http://www.fly-euroharmony.com/maarten/view_events/more_info.php?id=102

Thanks to the tireless work of Sotiris, we have chart packs available for both Changi and Kingsford Smith Intl. Furthermore, while we can't link to it on the fly-in page, we heartily recommend the following Super Scenery for Sydney (actually all Australia) http://vistaoz.org/downloads10.html
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-0641 Rico

October Fly-in
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 04:28:23 pm »
Darn ! 0800z is 0400 in the morning for me ... :o

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
October Fly-in
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2007, 11:16:24 am »
Put it this way, I'm expecting to have to do my weekly groceries shop two hours into the fly-in, so I'll be dropping off VATSIM for an hour or two at least...

If anyone else is participating on VATSIM (no word from Jav yet, perhaps he'll be controlling rather than flying...) I'd be grateful for you keeping ATC appraised of this; that I'll be going and coming back en route later on.

Any/all participants, I've noticed an error in the RouteFinder route that's been published, the STAR from WSSS is gibberish. The start of the route wants to be:

VENTU SID SANOS TR A576 SIPUT ...
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-1821 Javier

October Fly-in
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007, 11:39:53 am »
hey guys, im back from camp ;D

i think i'll be flying rather than controlling for this one ;D I've just posted on the SinvACC forum asking if anyone can come on ATC, will update when i get replies ;D

i saw on the fly-in page that TI is the first waypoint(?), just to point out, TI's SIDs are no longer used while VENTU's are still in use (VEN1E, 1F, 1A and 1B).

looking forward to the fly-in ;D

EHM-1612 Paolo

October Fly-in
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2007, 12:06:48 pm »
I'm sorry guys, I'm going to miss this one, I have such a bad period at school :%
Hopefully I think I can try to fly from brsibane to Sydney with you, but I'm not sure yet ;D

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
October Fly-in
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2007, 12:22:55 pm »
Hi mates,

I'm going to start half and hour earlier because at 15:00z I need to go to visit a friend of mine ;D

So, here I will start at 08:30 local time.

Regards,

Offline EHM-1800 Franz

• Contact departure
October Fly-in
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2007, 08:33:22 pm »
Oh what a pitty !
But a have such a lot of work now with my baot taking out of the lake and get it fit for the long winter -  I cannot join this flight - I whish I could join you!!!  Hope for the next time !!

Regards
Franz

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
October Fly-in
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2007, 01:46:19 am »
Argh, unfortunately I can't ... after all my gf told me we need to go after lunch ..

Bloody hell ...

EHM-1821 Javier

October Fly-in
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2007, 04:51:08 am »
does anyone know the rate of fuel consumption for all 4 engines together? i divided the fuel needed by the 7 hrs flight time given by the FS Nav Log and im getting 40 400lbs/hour?! :o thats way higher than the 747 although its supposed to have a lower fuel consumption rate :]

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
October Fly-in
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2007, 09:12:08 am »
Phew, made it to cruise... *No one thought to mention it's monsoon season (Jav!)*

Sorry, there'll be no screenies from me, not had a chance to install anything that does it yet.
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-1821 Javier

October Fly-in
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2007, 12:16:46 pm »
*runs for cover, not from monsoon rain but Murray* :]

i've got some good screenies, entering australia as of posting, i disconnected for about 2 hours after reaching cruise to go to my grandparent's house to celebrate my grandpa's birthday ;D and now im back online

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
October Fly-in
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2007, 12:54:00 pm »
Me too...

Having DSL problems just after I made it to cruise, then shopping, came home and DSL still playing up, so had to get my ISP to fettle at their end, now it's all working :)

I have a great shot of Jav passing my port side slightly above me (we were practically on top of each other when I rejoined VATSIM... amazing for 2 hrs of flight time and a big gap between departures)
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-1883 Matt

• Martian transfer
October Fly-in
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2007, 01:42:55 pm »
Well, my plane stalled. End of story:%

That makes two unsuccesful flights with out A380 and counting:]

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
October Fly-in
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2007, 05:26:46 pm »
Well, the VATSIM contingent finished all round. Jav and I got to Sydney without too many problems, and I grabbed a few screenies via paint... They're on the event page.

http://www.fly-euroharmony.com/maarten/view_events/more_info.php?id=102
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-1821 Javier

October Fly-in
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2007, 03:19:56 am »
Here's my screenies! ;D
Sorry Murray, did'nt get any pics of you after landing, i forgot to turn on FSScreen, after coming back, by the time i got it on, you just left :]

I personally know every single pilot and controller at WSSS at the moment in this picture :]

Pushing back

Lining up with the runway, terrible yet good looking weather at Singapore :]

Rotate!!!

about 30 seconds after takeoff, you can barely see the approach lighting for rwy 02C, that's how bad the weather was :]

Climbing to cruise altitude, finally over the clouds below

Finals 34L at YSSY, 15kt crosswind from the right

Head on!

and touchdown!!

Spoilers armed, reverse thrust set

Welcome to Sydney!!