Author Topic: What scenery do you use for Madrid and Barcelona?  (Read 3554 times)

Offline EHM-1695 Hélio

• Gear up
What scenery do you use for Madrid and Barcelona?
« on: October 31, 2007, 12:28:05 pm »
Guys, what scenery do you use when flying to Madrid or Barcelona? I used to use the Simwings  scenery, however, is not actual, as the Madrid Airport has a new terminal and runways working, and El prat also!

So, what scenery do you use?

Thanks!

EHM-2029 Sotiris

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 01:53:30 pm »
Hello Helio,

I managed to find something to update Barcelona whether you use the default or the SimWings scenery.

Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately for Spanish speakers) it is only in Spanish but the instructions are very easy to follow.
I also include a link with the default Google translation of the page.

SPANISH Orginal Page HERE
ENGLISH Translated Page HERE

I'll keep on looking for the LEMD one :)

EHM-1912 Jordi

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 09:44:21 pm »
Hélio & Sotiris,

For Barcelona, apart from Simwings stuff and its corresponding updates, we mostly use the 2006 version of scenery developed by Jose Mari Janices:

http://personal.telefonica.terra.es/web/janu/Escenario_LEBL/Download_LEBL.htm

It's accurate enough to follow the ATC instructions for the long taxi to the 25L (until the new terminal is built) and it even has a newer update for 2007. Moreover, it is more frame rate friendly than payware versions.

You'll find instructions in Spanish:

*  Para descargar el escenario (787 KB en formato comprimido), pulsar    DESCARGAR
    * Para instalarlo, crear una carpeta con el nombre del escenario, descomprimir el zip en la misma con la opción "use folder names" y darlo de alta en la biblioteca de escenarios.

I translate, just in case:

* To download the scenery (787KB in compressed format) press "DESCARGAR" (pretty easy)
* To install, create a folder with the name of the scenery, uncompress the zip file in that folder with the option "use folder names" and select it in the scenery library" (usual stuff)

Hope it helps,

Jordi--

anything