Author Topic: Ideea for the new flight logger  (Read 6039 times)

EHM-2180 Mugur

Ideea for the new flight logger
« on: November 25, 2007, 01:07:28 pm »
I was flying before for a different VA for short time. One thing I enjoyed very much at their flight logger: during differnet phases of the flight i could hear the cabin crew voices for example when i start the push back, it was the captain voice 'good morning ladies'n'gentlemen welcome aboard euroharmony   ;) flight.....then...please fasten you seat belts...etc...'  Also, at Top of the climb they use to say something,  BOD, after landing and when the parkin brake was on. Im not good at IT but i dont think is very difficult to attach some mp3 or wav to flight logger.
I think this could add more realism and fun to our VA.

EHM-2180 Mugur

EHM-2029 Sotiris

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 01:54:09 pm »
Hello Mugur,

this probably something like FS Passengers.
That's an add-on and there are, I think, sound file for Euroharmony.
However, these sound files wouldn't work very reliably; for example on 'stepped climbs' where TOC is registered some 3-4 times during the flight.

Jus out of curiosity, was this VA using FSPassengers?

EHM-2180 Mugur

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 03:40:50 pm »
no, this wav files are included in flight logger floder

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 01:16:45 am »
I have seen similar with other airlines also, I will put it on the wish list for the dev team to look at. If it is not to hard to implement then there is no reason not to do it, apart from teh fact that we will need someone to make professional announcements. Maybe one of the dev team could comment on the feasability of this.
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

Offline EHM-2097 Andrei

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 07:44:03 am »
It sounds rather feasible so it should definitely be on the wish list, however:

- For the exact technical solution (to play sounds), I think Ricardo has the most advanced knowledge when it comes to FS interaction;

- Currently it's frequent to have multiple "TOC"/"BOD" announcements and I agree that repeating vocal announcements would be annoying, so some rules need to be defined in order to avoid this.

- As you may have noticed from the meetings, my voice does not sound exactly like a flight attendant's ;D so I can't contribute with the "professional announcements".

Andrei
Andrei Vatasescu // EHM-2097

EHM-2180 Mugur

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007, 09:18:12 am »
andrei i will mail you as an example some of their sound files.

Mugur

Offline EHM-2155 Mariano

• Sub-orbital
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007, 01:38:32 pm »
OR you can make it a different application as to keep flight logger with a low RAM consumption etc. Or make it an option in the installer, so new people will not get lost with many installers and programs required to fly EHM.

Offline EHM-1242 Stef

• VA Management
  • FL100
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2007, 06:54:30 pm »
Hi guys,

Working on a new FLogger..??

Anyway, all fine and good what you are suggesting here, but please: also put a feature in it so such announcements can be switched off.

Ever flown the Maddog MD-83?? It has it's own announcements, which i would hate to get 'disrupted' by some FLogger bla-bla. Btw, the LevelD 767 has them as well i believe.

Another nice example: am going around the world in a baron right now, alone. And suddenly a stewardess starts announcing where the lifejckets are! How am i gonna explain that to my wife (that is, if i would have one)?? ;)

In general i would leave such stuff for the already mentioned FS Passengers, or the likes. I find them personally annoying. However, if others want to have such 'gadgets', fine with me, as long as it can be (permanently, in my case?) disabled.

While talking ideas for a new FLogger, how about a new interface though? One where you don't have to click 'as if your live depends on it' to select, for example, Main Division + Class 7 flights?? Should normally be two clicks to select both, but in the present version it is some 6 + 6 = 12 clicks to DE-select what you don't want... EuroHarmony wants to promote RSI??? :|

Perhaps this can be conveyed to the development dept. as well?

Have fun and take care!
Stef
"A Boeing is a plane, built by idiots, for geniuses to fly. An Airbus is a plane, built by geniuses, for idiots to fly..."

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2007, 01:17:59 am »
Thanks Stef,

Comments noted, definitely should be switchable. As for the new Flogger, well, it is very early days, but I can confirm that a completely new flogger is planned although as it has to be compatible with Vista, XP, FS9 & FSX out of the box now and there are so many attributes that can cause the current flogger to fail, it will mean re-writing the code completely so don't expect it for some considerable time to come.

We will keep you updated, maybe some ideas will make it to the final feature list but I am sure not all will otherwise it will never be released! :)
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

Offline EHM-2097 Andrei

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2007, 08:57:04 am »
Hi Stef,

(working at new Flight Logger indeed)

You are right about the 12 clicks and I can assure you it's a personal concern (or should I say "obsession") of mine to reach a better screen design here. So this issue is being worked on...

Andrei
Andrei Vatasescu // EHM-2097

Offline EHM-2198 Didimo

• Climbing
    • http://www.virtual-aviation.net
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2008, 01:35:29 pm »
I implemented something similar using Microsoft .NET (C#) to trigger sounds at specific events.

In the case of flight logger the false TOC triggers can be avoided by simply triggering a TOC event once the a/c has reached the filed cruising altitude. The logger has both of these available to itself.

anything