Author Topic: Lisbon Dakar 2008 Event  (Read 53564 times)

Offline EHM-2131 Bruce

• Geostationary orbit
Lisbon Dakar 2008 Event
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2008, 02:54:09 pm »
Hi Rico, AS far as l know this was the timetable for the tour, as the rally has been stopped, i do not know what the managment will do about the tour, but  l will be flying this route over the next days,  Bruce EHM 2131:>

E051 LPPT,  Lisboa LPPM, Portimão 4th January 5th January
E052 LPPM,  Portimão LEMG, Málaga 5th January 6th January
E053 LEMG,  Málaga GMFK, Er Rachidia 6th January 7th January
E054 GMFK,  Er Rachidia GMMZ, Ouarzazate 7th January 8th January
E055 GMMZ,  Ouarzazate GM0A, Guelmim 8th January 9th January
E056 GM0A,  Guelmim GMMA, Smara 9th January 10th January
E057 GMMA,  Smara GQPA, ATar 10th January 11th January
E058 GQPA,  Atar GQNN, Nouakchott 11th January 12th January
E059 GQNN,  Nouakchott GQPP, Nouadhibou 13th January 14th January
E060 GQPP, Nouadhibou GQPA, Atar 14th January 15th January
E061 GQPA, ATar GQND, Tidjikja 15th January 16th January
E062 GQND, Tidjikja GQNF, Kiffa 16th January 17th January
E063 GQNF, Kiffa GOSS, Sant Louis 18th January 19th January
E064 GOSS, Tambacounda GOOY, Dakar 19th January 21th January
E065 GOOY, Dakar GCTS, Tenerife Reina Sofia 21th January 31th January
E066 GCTS, Tenerife Reina Sofia LPPT, Lisbon 21th January 31th January

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
Lisbon Dakar 2008 Event
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2008, 03:09:27 pm »
Hi mates,

We made an announcement. The Event will continue!

Good luck to everyone! We will keep monitoring it, and don't forget to send your screenshots!!!

Offline EHM-1749 Hector

• Geostationary orbit
Lisbon Dakar 2008 Event
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2008, 04:14:25 am »
I am not used to complain about the penalties from PP but today I feel I have too.
How can the Pen 018 be applied when the touchdown at Malaga was at 110 kts with less than 300 fpm vertical speed?
Would appreciate any comment on this.

Good pilots keep their number of landings equal to their number of takeoffs. Takeoffs are optional but landings are Mandatory.

Offline EHM-2131 Bruce

• Geostationary orbit
Lisbon Dakar 2008 Event
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2008, 07:51:59 am »
ANYone having trouble locking to-days flight  to GMFK??? Bruce EHM 2131

Offline EHM-2097 Andrei

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
Lisbon Dakar 2008 Event
« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2008, 08:27:20 am »
Yes, someone else has trouble with this too... me.

When I try to lock the flight, I see the aircraft in LEMG highlighted in green but the click on the tail number gives an empty flight list.

I wonder if there is any problem with the event calendar, it looks like some fellow pilots managed to fly some legs before their scheduled start date. So the "software" calendar may not match the "printed" one.

Andrei
Andrei Vatasescu // EHM-2097

Offline EHM-2131 Bruce

• Geostationary orbit
Lisbon Dakar 2008 Event
« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2008, 08:33:39 am »
Hi Andrei, yes i did see that too there are 2 planes at GMFK now, but you should have not been able to lock them i think until today will wait a few hours and try again, see if any one else gets to fly,  Bruce EHM 2131

EHM-1944 Jaap

Lisbon Dakar 2008 Event
« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2008, 10:48:35 am »
Can't lock my flight too.Will try again tomorrow,hopefully in the meantime everything is sorted out.
Cheers,
Jaap

Offline EHM-1953 Daniel

• FL100
Lisbon Dakar 2008 Event
« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2008, 10:57:22 am »
i really think that there's some problem with the calendar in the propilot system, because i saw the flight yesterday in the locking list but it doesn't show up today.. so the system might think that the last day to fly it was yesterday...?

regards,
Daniel Sahlin EHM-1953 ESSA

Offline EHM-1953 Daniel

• FL100
Lisbon Dakar 2008 Event
« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2008, 11:01:21 am »
Ursprugligen inlagt av EHM-0641 Rico
I just finished the second leg to LEMG.

I was able to lock leg E053. But I do not see a leg from LEMG to Nador..

Are we supposed to fly E053 today also or what..?

if not, what is the ICAO code for Nador?

How do we proceed from LEMG onwards??

and Rico was able to lock the leg yesterday too! i think there is some problems with the leg dates in the propilot system :P

but if that's the case it will shurley be sorted out soon, as it always is =)

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
Lisbon Dakar 2008 Event
« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2008, 12:18:12 pm »
Hi Guys, okay, trying to clear a few things up.

Originally posted by EHM-1749 Hector
I am not used to complain about the penalties from PP but today I feel I have too.
How can the Pen 018 be applied when the touchdown at Malaga was at 110 kts with less than 300 fpm vertical speed?
Would appreciate any comment on this.

Hector, The ProPilot system and more specifically the Flight Logger receives all of it's information from Flight Sim via FSUIPC. ProPilot will only penalize you once the Criteria for a penalty has been received from FS. In your case, you recvd a penalty 18 which is:

18 - Maximum load factor (G) allowed - 400.00  - Your airplane suffered a maximum G force of 2.5. Your passengers got very scared!

Therefore, FS has reported to the flight logger that your plane exceeded 2.5 G which is not only caused by a hard landing it is usually extreme movements caused by sharp inputs or a stall etc.

What I am trying to say is that for some reason, your Flight Simulator reported an excessive G rating and that this may have been prior to your landing, like your final approach etc. where if you had made a sharp correction or movement or you had got too slow and tried to correct this by pulling back you would have loaded the plane with excessive G forces.

I will attempt to check the ACARS later if you can give me the flight number that you were on and the date and time of the flight.

As for the calender problems, sorry, Bruno will have to fix them as soon as he gets on. I have emailed him but I am sure he will make the corrections and allow everyone to get to the next stage or catch up so sit tight while I try and get hold of him. Thanks.
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

EHM-1821 Javier

Lisbon Dakar 2008 Event
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2008, 12:45:45 pm »
just to report, I'm having problems locking E053 too :s hope the problem is solved soon

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
Lisbon Dakar 2008 Event
« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2008, 03:47:23 pm »
Hi,

Nador is the startup route for the next leg, but because it comes from the Malaga Ferryboat we decided to fly direct to Er Rachidia.

So, keep it going boys :) Don't forget to post your screenshots!

Offline EHM-1749 Hector

• Geostationary orbit
Lisbon Dakar 2008 Event
« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2008, 04:36:03 pm »
Hi Phil,
it was on the E052 from Portimao to Malaga, 2008-01-06, 02:52:00 as the report indicates. As for the situation, I received the bip and the message right after touchdown. It was a very smooth approach as you can see in the ACARS. The stall warning was never activated.   The wind was 282/18 and I was landing on RWY32 so it was not a problem.
That's why I am interested in finding out what could have triggered this penalty to be more careful in the future. In fact I wrote a similar message in the Comments section of the PIREP.

BTW, as I am writing this I tried to lock E053 and there is no way to do it but I have seen that the leg was already reported by Rico and Mugur.

Regards,
Hector

Good pilots keep their number of landings equal to their number of takeoffs. Takeoffs are optional but landings are Mandatory.

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
Lisbon Dakar 2008 Event
« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2008, 04:56:38 pm »
There was a mistake on the database flights insertion. It's solved. Thanks mates and sorry for the inconvenience.

Offline EHM-2097 Andrei

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
Lisbon Dakar 2008 Event
« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2008, 05:01:46 pm »
Thanks Bruno,

Looks like it works all right now.
I locked the flight, must go fly it now.

Andrei

Offline EHM-1953 Daniel

• FL100
Lisbon Dakar 2008 Event
« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2008, 10:23:37 pm »
i just landed safely at Er Rachidia =) i flew the leg offline and had a rather strange problem midway somewhere... suddenly i got an automatic weather report from somewhere on the same channel that i had casablanca control or what it was called, so i wasn't able to transmit anything to casablanca because of the automatic weather report hehe :P never occured before for me :P but soon i flew out of range for the weather report and i could transmit as usual again :P got an overspeed penalty too... i was cruising at FL230 at, what the PMDG and presumably Beechcraft themselves call, a High Speed cruise. And it was indeed a high speed cruise with some 30kt tailwind... but somewhere there the wind changed or something bringing my little beech to speed past the little red needle :P will use a little bit more marignals with the speed... din't consider the wind that much, but if i'm flying with the real world weather with updates every 15min, it's bound to happen xD

just wanted to tell you what happened on my little trip =) i think that it's always fun to read about what has happend to you all so :P ;)

good luck with this leg if you haven't flown it yet =) i really like the dakar event :D:D

cheers

EHM-1944 Jaap

Lisbon Dakar 2008 Event
« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2008, 05:42:43 am »
My Beech CS-DKN is sitting on the tarmac in LEMG and I can not fly the leg to GMFK while the flightlist is still empty.
I am not on the travel mode.
It seems that I need some help here today otherwise the event is over for me.

Offline EHM-2097 Andrei

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
Lisbon Dakar 2008 Event
« Reply #67 on: January 07, 2008, 07:28:29 am »
Originally posted by EHM-1953 Daniel

suddenly i got an automatic weather report from somewhere on the same channel that i had casablanca control or what it was called, so i wasn't able to transmit anything to casablanca because of the automatic weather report hehe :P

Same problem to me, as I decided to fly this leg rather IFR with FS ATC. Only it was not one ATIS, but two! I suppose they have a wrong frequency in FS.

I was disturbed by this not only because of the continuous blah blah (about weather at airports I was NOT interested in), but also because I wanted to take pictures of the mountains I was crossing... without the green message band if possible.

That will teach me: starting now, back to VFR for the next legs!

Andrei

EHM-2180 Mugur

Lisbon Dakar 2008 Event
« Reply #68 on: January 07, 2008, 08:18:09 am »
For me, the flight to Errachidia brought the ATP rank as I passed with 2 minutes the requested hours for this rank. Its funny to get this highest rank in a small aircraft somwhere in the middle of nowhere....
Anyway...the Dakar event rocks, the landscapes are great and I hope I will not crash my CS-DKO in a windshear landing or an unexpected sundstorm(i fly too with real weather on vatsim). As I also noticed myself, and some of the other pilots above, 'the beech' is very sensitive and the landing should be very smooth in order to avoid penalties...

EHM-1821 Javier

Lisbon Dakar 2008 Event
« Reply #69 on: January 07, 2008, 12:28:16 pm »
I still cant lock E053 on my B1900D, CS-DKH :s and its already the 7th, i have to go to sleep within 3 hours of this post, unlikely that i can fly tomorrow, early afternoon which i think shld still be on 7th server time as i have school :s

Offline EHM-1953 Daniel

• FL100
Lisbon Dakar 2008 Event
« Reply #70 on: January 07, 2008, 12:35:57 pm »
that doesn't sound too good for you guys... is it only you two that can't lock the flight? it seemes rather strange... but i think that someone who's in charge of this can help you and possibly postpone the end date due to the problems....! it doesn't seemes fare that you will have to drop out just because the leg doesn't shows up inte the propilot system...

i think that  this will be solved and it will turn up great at last =)

EHM-1944 Jaap

Lisbon Dakar 2008 Event
« Reply #71 on: January 07, 2008, 02:12:37 pm »
Thanks Daniel,the only thing I can do today is to sit and wait until management clears everything for us.I have more time left than Javier living more to the west from him,but this waiting is boring.
Cheers,
Jaap

Offline EHM-1749 Hector

• Geostationary orbit
Lisbon Dakar 2008 Event
« Reply #72 on: January 07, 2008, 03:00:08 pm »
It is kind of strange for I landed last night (about 4 am Zulu time) in Errachida and could lock the following flight right after that.
About the B1900D being very sensitive to strong winds, that's true. I can assess that. So be very careful specially in the landings and even during cruise. Keep always in mind that tail winds can become head winds in a matter of seconds and you can go overspeed in a flash because the relative small body mass of the plane. I have flown the plane in real life as an observer (standing for the plane doesn't have a seat for the observer) and the pilot rarely goes over 80% torque on cruise mode. I normally climb with 1600 propeller rpm and 90% torque which puts the fuel flow around 450 pph each engine. At cruise I set the torque between 70 and 80% or whatever setting needed to get 400 pph on each engine. This will give me about 210 KTAS or about 175 KIAS at FL190.
As a matter of fact I always fly on line on IVAO.
For those who are flying the rally for the first time and have the FS default scenery, be aware that there are some small airports where the runway is in a sort of depression relative to the rest of the terrain. My recommendation is to overfly the airport to have a better view of it, like we do in real life when landing in uncontrolled airports to avoid people or animals in the runway.
This is a good event indeed because there are so many different airports and situations that make it very interesting so the best way to succeed is to stay always alert.
The best for all of us.

Offline EHM-2097 Andrei

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
Lisbon Dakar 2008 Event
« Reply #73 on: January 07, 2008, 03:38:30 pm »
Thanks, Hector, for the B1900D related information. As a matter of fact I was using roughly the same throttle action, however with less actual knowledge of the plane (and strictly none in real life :) )

About the leg locking, I think it's still not in sync with the schedule. I was able to lock leg 053 yesterday evening after Bruno's message. I also flew the leg yesterday and could not lock leg 054 afterwards. I locked it this morning.

Thus the timing mechanism seems to work, I am sure that leg 054 was unavailable yesterday and become available today. Unfortunately the leg 053 became unavailable at the same time, which is not correct according to the event schedule.

So I think it's a matter of data rather than a "genuine" bug (looks like one day offset to the leg closing time).

As this problem hit pilots still at LPPM (or even LPPT), I am sure it continues for the next legs. Thus my advice to participants that successfully complete a leg: try to lock the next leg AT ONCE!

See you all back in Lisbon (nicely tanned that is :) )

Andrei

Offline EHM-1953 Daniel

• FL100
Lisbon Dakar 2008 Event
« Reply #74 on: January 07, 2008, 04:31:50 pm »
yes it something that Andrei says.. And it's indeed very fun to hear what somebody who has flown (even as an observer) the aircraft has to say about it :D
i've never been even close to an B1900 =P but i shure like it anyway. actually i just bought the PMDG version of it for this event =) and now i already has learnt the wind lesson ;)

anything