Author Topic: Amsterdam Hub Newsletter - Ed. I 2008  (Read 4165 times)

EHM-2029 Sotiris

Amsterdam Hub Newsletter - Ed. I 2008
« on: January 11, 2008, 04:38:48 pm »
Dear EHAM pilots,

[IMG=150X301]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o9/EHM2029/Xmas%202008/2008Landing.jpg[/IMG]

[size=12]HAPPY NEW YEAR!!![/size]

I hope 2008 is a healthy and thoroughly enjoyable year for all of you. We here at EHM will certainly do our best to provide just that.

While it's my pleasure to present you our hub's regular feature, our monthly newsletter, I have to start with an apology.
I apologise for missing out on the December 2007 edition of our newsletter but unfortunately back-to-back travelling and the year's busiest period at work prevented me from fulfiling all my duties.
I can only promise that this was a temporary thing and I hope you stick around to see just what we have in store for you.

EHAM Hub Captain's Thoughts

WE MADE IT!!!! Amsterdam is now Euroharmony's most populous Hub (Well, together with Zurich but I'm sure Dominic won't mind if we don't mention it :] )
Amsterdam, long the busiest PP hub is now also the one with most pilots, an astonishing 25 when the figure was at 17 just 5 months ago.
Congratulations to all of you.

However, there's one characteristic, common to Euroharmony but even more so to EHAM.
DIVERSITY It really makes me proud of our hub to see pilots joining when they are not necessarily 'neighbours of netherlands'. This impressive feature is evident if you try to see our Roster.
Apart from the expected countries we can find pilots from: Hungary, Ireland, Poland, Portugal and even more importantly Australia, Canada and Singapore.
I for one, feel great to be part of such a multicultural team.

SCHIPHOL Airport

Amsterdam Airport Schiphol has had a record year in 2007 especially in terms of passenger traffic. Cargo was anyway always its strong point. We are all eagerly awaiting the final traffic data to see if it is successful in its attempt to become Europe's fourth busiest airport.

EUROHARMONY @ EHAM

The latest status of our hub is as follows:
30 pilots Total
25 Active
1 Away

As you can see, there's several pilots whose status is inactive and haven't filed a PiRep for the last month. All I'd like to ask is for our pilots to file the PiRep for any flight they make so they can maintain their active status and increase their flight hours and rating

Please join me in giving a warm welcome to our newest members:
2191 - Timmi
2194 - Vlad Kruschov
2202 - Timothy Nahuijsen
2208 - Jans Miken
2213 - Henry

Welcome aboard what I can promise you is a professional yet relaxed and open community of enthusiasts always ready to assist and support each other!

Once again a special mention to our 'frequent fliers'
1944 - Jaap Hiddink
1166 - Andre Ronda
1592 - Niels Kalis
1532 - Søren Jensen

who between them clocked more than 3300 hours and just in last month have contributed more than 500 flying hours.

EHAM Pro-Pilot HUB

Pro-Pilot, for those of you who do not know it, is an exciting feature of EHM allowing the simulation of real operations to an uparalleled degree.
All planes have distinct registrations and are unique. Once you fly them to somewhere you can only follow a PP flight from the landing destination, or wait 2 days for a EHM staff charter to pick you up and then you can fly from anywhere.
As airframes age they *could* exhibit failures as would be expected in real life. [Don't tell Lufthansa Technik, our maintenance partner in Frankfurt, but DO check out the short Class 7 maintenance flights].
And of course, each flight is monitored and points given for imaculate flights.

So go ahead, try your hand at something a little more challenging but ultimately much more fun.

At this point, I usually come up with suggestions of where to fly from. This time though, I will just post a world map whereby each red pushpin is a PP plane waiting for you.

The opportunities are truly ENDLESS!!

NEXT STEPS

The Dutch divison of IVAO is organising, together with the Slovenian division a fly-in for January the 19th.
It's a flight from Amsterdam to Ljubljiana.
All pilots welcome.
More info, links to sceneries and charts on: Original Event Post in the NL-Division
Unfortunately there's no English language announcement yet but as soon as there is one I will update this post.

AND FINALLY...

Just a little friendly reminder to those pilots filing manual PiRep's. Please use the 'Real Local Time' when reporting your flights. This means the time it is at your home when you fly. Not the FS time and definitely not the EHM Schedule time.
By reporting the actual time, you can make a long haul flight using time-acceleration and still report it correctly as we will only add the actual time spent on the computer to your tally.

As I will write again, [size=10]YOU[/size], the EHAM pilots, are the body and soul of this hub. Please let me know what you expect from the hub and EHM in general so that I can do my best to deliver it for you. You can contact me via e-mail, forums or U2U.

Happy flying and safe landings to all.
Here's to an unforgettable 2008!

anything