Author Topic: FLogger login  (Read 5741 times)

Offline EHM-1570 Bruce

• Geostationary orbit
FLogger login
« on: March 30, 2008, 08:51:44 pm »
Just recently I am having problems logging onto the Flogger, I am getting error messages saying (Error logging into Flogger) then after clicking on OK I am told there is a new version of FLogger (which there is not), I go through this routine several times before I can finally login to the Flogger. Any clues as to why this is happening?.
Bruce Woodbridge
EHM 1570

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
FLogger login
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 08:54:35 pm »
Hmmmm.... Have you changed to Vista??? I had that problem on Vista after i pressed the update button.... I never found a solution apart from uninstalling and re-installing the flogger.
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

Offline EHM-1570 Bruce

• Geostationary orbit
FLogger login
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 08:29:27 am »
I am still running XP , I have uninstalled and re installed the FLogger, but the problem continues, however I will un install and re install again to see if the problem disappears.
Bruce Woodbridge
EHM 1570

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
FLogger login
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 08:43:26 am »
OK Bruce, we are going to have to try and work out what has happened.....

How long has it been doing this? Of course, have you installed anything around the time it started happening. I would think that the problem will be internet related possibly a firewall or AV software but it could also be FSUIPC. Can you try running flight logger up without your FS running and see if it still happens?

Thanks.
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

Offline EHM-1570 Bruce

• Geostationary orbit
FLogger login
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 10:04:45 am »
My AV and Firewall have not changed, I have un installed  and re installed the FLogger, the only difference being that I have installed it in the default Drive C which is where it asks to be installed, whereas before I had it installed in my Drive F which is where I have my Flight Sim installed, I have logged into the FLogger 4 times and all have been successful first time, I don't know why this should be, I will let you know if it continues to be OK.
Bruce Woodbridge
EHM 1570

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
FLogger login
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 05:25:18 pm »
OK Bruce, a weird one, but I will keep my fingers crossed! :)
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

Offline EHM-1570 Bruce

• Geostationary orbit
FLogger login
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2008, 02:24:30 pm »
I was still having the same problem after re installing the FLogger, however I seem to have resolved the problem by disabling my antivirus sortware while logging onto the FLogger, I am using Kaspersky Antivirus software, why it  should cause the problem I do not know, the only thing I can think of is that it is some sort of a timeout as the antivirus scans everything coming into my PC and everything that goes out.
Bruce Woodbridge
EHM 1570

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
FLogger login
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2008, 05:08:03 pm »
There should be a way that you can set the Flight Logger as safe on Kaspersky, I don't know as I have never used it but I know on One Care I can set the flogger as safe.
Phil Nutt EHM 1703