Author Topic: same problem here...  (Read 16546 times)

EHM-2244 Sven

same problem here...
« on: April 01, 2008, 07:10:26 pm »
Good evening,

I have a small problem with the Flight Logger doing a PP flight.
Flightno.: EHM-3004
it didn't log following points or logged them wrong.

1. No take off time
2. No landing time
3. No cruise altitude
4. a cruising speed of 28kt IAS
5. a block time of 16min for a flight from EGLL to EDDF

What could be the reason for this and can it be fixed so I can upload a decent PP log?

Thanks and cheers

Sven

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
same problem here...
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 07:33:18 pm »
Sven,

I have been having a number of weird happenings today and although I could put them down to April fools, I think we actually have to blame the weather. I am sure your problem occured due to a gust or something that caused the plane to bounce during taxi and therefore recording a takeoff. (and would explain the cruise speed of 28kn and the 16m block time) Can I ask, are you by any chance using Active Sky??? Others that have reported problems today were so it may be something to do with the way AS is generating and changing the weather.... If not then something else is the cause which is probably a scenery issue with the runways or taxi ways that cause the planes to bounce.

Hope this offers a few hints as to why it happened even if it does not cure your problems.
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

EHM-2244 Sven

same problem here...
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 07:58:33 pm »
Originally posted by EHM-1703 Philip
Sven,

I have been having a number of weird happenings today and although I could put them down to April fools, I think we actually have to blame the weather. I am sure your problem occured due to a gust or something that caused the plane to bounce during taxi and therefore recording a takeoff. (and would explain the cruise speed of 28kn and the 16m block time) Can I ask, are you by any chance using Active Sky??? Others that have reported problems today were so it may be something to do with the way AS is generating and changing the weather.... If not then something else is the cause which is probably a scenery issue with the runways or taxi ways that cause the planes to bounce.

Hope this offers a few hints as to why it happened even if it does not cure your problems.

Hello Philip,

thanks for your help!

Yes I am using AS but didn't notice any bounces.

I justed checked the ACARS. All ok to 17:55 then no recordings until 18:01:02 here I get a penalty for starting my engines without switching the beacon on.  Followed by Flap Up Engine1 & 2 stopped and this all apparently happend 18:01:02

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
same problem here...
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 10:04:56 pm »
Ok, here are a couple of questions then....

I guess nothing showing on the screen, you know the green message bar? What plane was it? What speed were you travelling?

This is obviously something that has caused the flight logger to stop responding and the only thing that has ever caused this for me was flap relief on the PMDG 747, because I used to come in fast and deploy my flaps a little early to bleed off speed, the PMDG model would realize that I was too fast and retract them again, it would continue trying to deploy them until the aircraft speed was low enough for the flaps to be deployed but even though that was only a couple of seconds, it had tried deploying and retracting the flaps hundreds of times in these few seconds which would send messages to the flight logger of flap 1, flap 2, flap 1, flap 2, flap 1, flap 2 etc. Of course, i am not suggesting this is what has happened but it could be a similar phenomenon.
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

EHM-2244 Sven

same problem here...
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 11:29:15 pm »
I was using the Flight1 ATR 72-500.

I know I had the first two message Engine 1 and 2 started und the last two messages Engine 1 and 2 switched off. And the messaga that the Flap is at position 1. At take off my concentration was with the instruments so I can't tell you if I got the green "Airborne" bar. Funny thing is my beacon was switched on and I never switched of my engines at 18:01:02 it was around 19:50 and I took of 17:52 while the ACARS is saying that I was still on the ground.

My cruise speed was 220kt IAS. I must say that this is the first PP flight where it happend and the first time I used the ATR 72.

If time allowes I'll repeate the flight again tomorrow and see what happens then.

Cheers Sven

EHM-2267

same problem here...
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2008, 10:09:07 pm »
Just made my first flight for Euroharmony (with Beech 1900D).  Exactly the same happened in my flight logger.  Because I wanted to have a quick try of how everything works, I did not start cold and dark, but set up my flight with engines running (but on a gate, not on a runway).  That could explain the penalty for the beacon light.  Could the other strange data also be caused by this?

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
same problem here...
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2008, 01:01:34 am »
yes, Propilot assumes you are starting cold and dark and will look for you to start the engines before it starts logging.
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

anything