Author Topic: Landing lights penalty  (Read 5674 times)

Offline EHM-2198 Didimo

• Climbing
    • http://www.virtual-aviation.net
Landing lights penalty
« on: May 18, 2008, 09:24:31 pm »
Don't want to get another penalty on experiments :) the thing is, most if not all FS9 planes have a landing light that is soooooo intense that it makes it difficult (for me at least) to see the apron and taxiways well when the landing lights are on while on the ground.

Now, considering there is a penalty of not having the lading lights on below 10000'I was wondering if the penalty is applied ONLY when airborne or else?

For example, can I taxi to the runway with all lights (except landing lights) on and then turn on landing lights just before takeoff (when lined up) and then turned them back on while descending below 10000'but then turne them off as soon as the runway is vacated?

Let me know.

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
Landing lights penalty
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 10:02:06 pm »
Hi Didimo,

You need to take-off with your landing lights on. If you turn them off airborne before 10000ft, you'll get that penalty.

Regards,

EHM-2271Theodoros

Landing lights penalty
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 10:03:23 pm »
I think that landing lights will be better off after departure and on 1000ft AGL at landing procedure.

In Greece where i live this roule is in use real life.
Some a/c have max speed to extend landing lights 180 knots.
How we get the max speed 250 below FL100 with landing lights on and extended?

Thanks
Theodore Chronopoulos
EHM2271/LGAV

Offline EHM-2097 Andrei

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
Landing lights penalty
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 07:10:42 am »
This problem annoys me as well. Landing lights + taxi lights in default FS9 give a worse view (if any) than no lights at all.

There is a solution, but I cannot grant on it for not having tried it myself... yet. It seems that there are freeware replacement lightings which do a better compromise between light flood and the need for a decent view.

I saw this on a forum, files should be available at avsim/flightsim but I do not remember all the (important) details.
Andrei Vatasescu // EHM-2097

Offline EHM-2155 Mariano

• Sub-orbital
Landing lights penalty
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 11:03:26 pm »
Also if they bother you a lot, like they do to me :P. you can just go to your visual options and disable them. Of course, with this config you should double check the switches when you're about to take off cos you cant actually see them.

Offline EHM-2097 Andrei

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
Landing lights penalty
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 07:27:13 am »
Good one Mariano, I did not realize one could do this. But I will definitely do it, at least until I have the time to further research the appearance changing addons thing.

Andrei
Andrei Vatasescu // EHM-2097