Author Topic: Something strange  (Read 4655 times)

EHM-2288 Glenn

Something strange
« on: July 13, 2008, 11:44:05 am »
Hi!

I don't know if it's a bug or what did happend. I was flying Embraer 120 yesterday, and something happend. (I used both FSpax and ProPilot)

Normal takeoff, normal flight, and a great landing.

And then I got -400 points in ProPilot because I have exceeded G:{
I did not use autopilot, and I was with the screen all the time. FSpax also gave me perfect score, with perfect landing.

What happend?

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
Something strange
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 11:52:54 am »
Hey Glenn. Log into PP on the website and have a look at the flight in "My Flights", it's possible that the ACARS there will show precisely where the penalty was assigned.

Failing that, get someone in the MT Operations Team (Sotiris is probably your best bet) to have a look at the raw ACARS and see if it's any more obvious in there.
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-2288 Glenn

Something strange
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 12:49:15 pm »
It's not that important, i just found it strange. I have been looking at the ACARS, and my cruising was unstable, but not G-force unstable:P

This is the message i got:

Maximum load factor (G) allowed
Your airplane suffered a maximum G force of 2.5. Your passengers got very scared!

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
Something strange
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 03:45:12 pm »
Real-world weather of some description? Wind shifts and/or big up/down drafts can cause big G loads. Notch it up to "one of those things"... :{
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-1570 Bruce

• Geostationary orbit
Something strange
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 04:38:25 pm »
Hi Glenn, it is possible to get this penalty if the nose gear hits the runway fairly hard, I found that to avoid the penalty you have to hold the nose up and allow the main gear to touchdown first, then lower the nose gear. I am not trying to teach you how to suck eggs, but it would look as if your flare was not quite right. You are more likely to incur this penalty   in the smaller aircraft. Only a thought but I hope it helps.
Bruce Woodbridge
EHM 1570

EHM-2288 Glenn

Something strange
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 10:43:14 pm »
As I said, I deserved a penalty on ProPilot, but not on this flight, because it was a beautiful landing. But I had a flight 2 legs earlier that I deserved a penalty, but i did not get it:p

I even got kisses from FSpax on the landing. I have gone through the report of FSpassenger, and can't find any errors