Author Topic: Are the ProPilot Boeing 737 extinct?  (Read 6242 times)

Offline EHM-2198 Didimo

• Climbing
    • http://www.virtual-aviation.net
Are the ProPilot Boeing 737 extinct?
« on: July 28, 2008, 05:39:30 pm »
Just did a search for Class 5 a/c on ANY airport on ProPilot because I wanted to do my KATL - MPTO leg and to my surprise there is ONLY ONE Boeing 737 , registration CS-GTT currently in Palermo (LICJ).

There is no other B737 in class 5 for ProPilot. Have they all had a tragic end? I am not really an airbus fan.

Should we start collecting fees to buy a few more virtual Boeings for our PP fleet?

EHM-1944 Jaap

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 07:03:57 pm »
Hi Didimo,
Just don't know where you are looking.
I count 20 B737 airplanes in the PP fleet list.
Cheers,
Jaap

Offline EHM-2198 Didimo

• Climbing
    • http://www.virtual-aviation.net
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 05:12:09 pm »
Hum, there must be a bug due to oversimplification in the website software then... My reasoning for that is:

a) as you say, if I look at the ProPilot division under Fleet there are many B737-800 listed as operational, so apparently they do exist as you confirmed.

b) Looking in the Lock Flight menu of ProPilot and enter as ONLY search criteria
           - Search by Airplane Class
           - checked Class 5 (all other classes unchecked)

so this should search for "all class 5 aircraft on ProPilot regardless of their location".

The result shown there after executing the search shows many Airbuses and only one B737-800.

As it turns out you can choose the length of the page (default is about 40), but if I choose 400 then I see all the boeings.

I think the one that programmed the website forgot to include the paging mechanism that is common nowadays where you can select items per page and then navigate through the pages.

Anyway, I see it now but IMHO that search form can be enhanced :)

Thanks

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 11:15:29 pm »
Hi Didimo,

Please send an email to Murray so he can check it out. He is the Chief Development Officer.

Thanks mate!

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 10:29:37 pm »
Hi,

Following this request, do you guys notice that we have airplanes that are missing somewhere?

EHM-1944 Jaap

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 11:16:43 am »
Bruno,in the way Didimo looked for a 737 you will find only one plane.
However when you look in the PP fleetlist,check the column behind the tail id of an 737 aircraft (aircraft name),have a look in the planes log and find out where it last arrival was, go there via lock flight you will find the plane.
I checked several 737's and they were all there.
So there is something wrong but we are not missing any planes.

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2008, 02:32:39 am »
Hi the pagination question is true. Definately it could be improved.

But, the objective of the "40" number is only to limit less limited queries.

So, in Didimo's case, if he only wants to find out where are our Boeing's, he just need to choose the Boeing on the combobox just right upper the class.

The "number of lines to show" is only used to limit the result list. Just that :)

anything