Author Topic: Bug?  (Read 4713 times)

EHM-2288 Glenn

Bug?
« on: November 23, 2008, 03:16:38 pm »
Hi!

I'm writing this when I'm flying from LPPT - LSZH with Pilatus PC-12 and ProPilot.

This have to be a bug, I have been in the air for three hours, and the airplane is at cruising alt. FL260. Nothing special has happend, and "boom" PEN03: No beacon, something???

Did I do something wrong here? Is it possible that somebody can change it?

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
Bug?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 03:35:34 pm »
Hi Glenn,

It's hard to track the bug with that information. Not because you aren't being specific, but because it can be many things.

I would suggest that you try again flying with the airplane and for that flight class so we can check if it happens again.

Regards and sorry for the inconvenience.

EHM-2288 Glenn

Bug?
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 03:43:42 pm »
Thank you for your quick respond. I'm going out for another flight in Pilatus PC12 right after I land this bird. But it was very strange, because I was flying at 90% engine power all the time, and PEN03, is becon light not turned on before engine start, and the engines has been running all the time, since takeoff at LPPT

Offline EHM-2097 Andrei

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
Bug?
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 08:05:28 am »
Hi Glenn,

I don't imply this happened to you... but I often had this kind of problem due to some default keys in FS. In this case, it is more specifically the "L" key which toggles all lights on / off.

In my case, I happened to press "L" while fiddling the FMC (and not paying attention to the keyboard mode). After the second time I had to abort a flight in mid-air and redo it from start (due to this same beacon penalty), I changed ALL shortcut keys to require Shift/Ctrl/Alt so that these cannot be pressed unpurposely.

A little more difficult now to retract the gear :) but overall I am happy with this.

Hope this helps
Andrei
Andrei Vatasescu // EHM-2097

EHM-2288 Glenn

Bug?
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 08:29:39 pm »
Hi Andrei! The only thing that happend, was that I lost connection to Vatsim, but I was not even close to my keyboard. I was driving the aircraft with my new joystick at that moment. :)

anything