Author Topic: Flight Logger error  (Read 3157 times)

Offline EHM-1212 Dorin

• Ready for take-off
Flight Logger error
« on: December 24, 2008, 04:06:13 pm »
Hello,

I had the Flight Logger working fine till yestarday but suddenly it doesn't start and displays only a window with the text: " Run-time error '3709': The connection cannot be used to perform this operation. It is either closed or invalid in this context." I uninstalled it, I deleted the folder, I installed it again,  I restarted the computer but with the same result. Has someone an idea, except the reinstallation of OS and everything?

Thank You! Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year for all!!

La Multi Ani! (in romanian)

Offline EHM-2097 Andrei

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
Flight Logger error
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 06:56:04 pm »
Hi,

First, I have never seen this error before...

Then, at first glance, it looks like something changed in the ISP or computer routing, firewall settings or access rights. Not an obvious thing however, because the FL uses the same port 80 as regular web browsing.

I will dig further into this error but, in order to target some possible causes, please specify if anything happened of the following:

- OS reinstall / update
- New anti-virus, antispam or alike filter installed or upgraded
- Any change in the way web browsing works
- Any change related to the Internet connection

(I mentioned the last one because, living in Bucharest too, I connect via RDS and there WERE changes recvently - although not that dramatic).

Also, do you get this message IMMEDIATELY after entering the password or later while using the FL? In the latter case, is this linked to a specific action?

If nothing comes out of this (check) list or my further research, I will send you an URL to test directly from the web browser, in the hope of a more useful error message.

Andrei
Andrei Vatasescu // EHM-2097

anything