Author Topic: Locking flight - moving aircraft  (Read 6191 times)

Offline EHM-2463 Jonathan

• Gear up
Locking flight - moving aircraft
« on: May 13, 2009, 12:30:32 pm »
Hi there, I am trying to fly a Saab 2000 using Propilot, and find it at an airport but there are no flights available for this aircraft so can't lock it.  Can someone please explain how the aircraft ended up here, and how book it for a flight to move it?  I saw some thread about moving stranded aircraft but didn't really understand how to get them into the flight logger via propilot.

Thanks

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 05:26:49 pm »
Hello Jonathan !

Sometimes it happens that the timetable do not contain an outgoing flight for certain airports. It is very rare, therefore it is advised to report it to the MT so they can sort it out for you. Which airport is that with the grounded Saab ?

You can also check by yourself by looking at the airplane's history log, who did flew there :)

AMD X4-955 3.2GHz / Gigabyte 770T / 4 GB DDR / Gigabyte GTS450 1GB DDR
Samsung 226BW@1680x1050 / WinXP.3 / FS9.1 / FSX.1 / Saitek Cyborg 3DGold

• Gear up
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 08:14:51 pm »
Thanks for the quick response Robert, that makes sense now, as far as I can tell there are four airports where they are grounded,

Prague LKPR
Sofia LBSF
Madrid LEMP
Barcelona LEBL

One of the planes, until recently was shuttling back and forth between Madrid and Barcelona so the flight must have existed.  Of course, I could just be doing something wrong!

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 10:28:42 pm »
Jonathan,

The reason for this is (I think ;)) that all the flights from these four airports start at Class 3, or the rank of STC. At the moment you are a TC so cannot fly these routes. The Saab 2000 (although a Class 2 plane) has been used for these class 3 routes by a previous pilot, which is perfectly ok, but it means that although you can fly the plane, you cannot yet fly the only routes available to it from these airports.

Get another couple of flight hours under your belt on other routes and this problem will quite literally disappear ;D

Hope that makes sense ;)
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

• Gear up
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 08:05:29 am »
Dom,

Yes that makes perfect sense, thanks a lot.  Hopefully I will have access those planes in the near future.

Cheers :%

anything