Author Topic: Weird SquawkBox problem  (Read 2935 times)

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
Weird SquawkBox problem
« on: March 13, 2004, 11:19:41 am »
I'll start this thread by saying that Ihaven't changed a thing in my setup for over a year, other than getting my Samba domain up and running at last, and I know that this is not a permissions problem as I gave my domain account owner permissions on all directories involved.

Anyhow, description of the problem is that SB no longer sees any of it's support files (airports.dat, icao.csv, and so on...) I've tried reinstalling on my FS PC, on my laptop (just in case), running it in HostSB and in SBHost, and not one of these has made a blind bit of difference.

I'm getting sick of not being able to see other aircraft or make sensible changes to my flightplan (like indicating what aircraft I'm flying...)

Help...
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
Weird SquawkBox problem
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2004, 02:23:00 pm »
Answering my own questions again (with the help of a German website I found; Google's translation service is *so* sucky BTW...)

I had put the FPs for the IVAO VFR WT into their own folder, and unbeknownst to me, SB looks for all its supporting files in the same folder as the flightplan. Moved my "active" FP into the root SB folder and everything was fine.
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

anything