Author Topic: MAAM SIM DC-3 now FSX compatible  (Read 7360 times)

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
MAAM SIM DC-3 now FSX compatible
« on: June 19, 2009, 07:37:23 pm »
For those of you who don't already know, MAAM SIM have released an FSX patch to allow you to use their fantastic DC-3's in FSX. It's available at:-

http://www.maam.org/flightsim/enhance/r4d_enhance.htm

Just thought you FSX'ers might like to know and get some practice in on the Gooney Bird in case we have an EHM DC-3 Event sometime soon... ;)

And of course if this all means nothing to you, I'd recommend you have a look at the MAAM SIM site here - it is payware but it's for a charitable aviation cause and superb quality for the price  :)
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
Re: MAAM SIM DC-3 now FSX compatible
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 08:29:57 pm »
Stealing my news, is it?  >:(

:D

If you're a fan of twin props that are an absolute blast to fly, but ever so forgiving, you'll really enjoy the MAAM DC-3, and the fact they've now kludged it for FSX is just a super bonus. If you're an FSX owner, you can honestly forget about the default DC-3, it's like a bad Chinese Rolex knock-off, the MAAM will give you the real DC-3 experience

I'm so looking forward to getting it running in FSX in time for getting back from my summer vacation (hint, hint...)
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
Re: MAAM SIM DC-3 now FSX compatible
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 12:14:34 pm »
OK, little bit of further information since we've announced the re-staging of the US Airmail Pioneers PP event.

First off, a further MAAM advert because I think it's that good. ;D

Secondly, if you install it into FSX and apply their FSX fixes, you may find that you can't get the engines fired up. If that's the case, just open up the aircraft.cfg in the DC-3 Passenger folder and find:

Code: [Select]
[piston_engine]
power_scalar=0.83

Replace it with:

Code: [Select]
[piston_engine]
power_scalar=0.97

And you should find everything works as expected.

Finally, Robert's excellent museum repaint for this plane (in FS9) works in FSX; unpack it to a temporary folder, then go into the DC-3 Passenger folder in your SimObjects\Airplanes folder and copy the default texture.ual folder to texture.ehm, then copy the contents of the temporary texture folder to texture.ehm (overwrite as necessary). Finally, copy and paste the contents of the temporary aircraft.cfg into the default aircraft.cfg just after the second ual texture set. Have fun all and see you at JFK!
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON