Author Topic: Installing Planes  (Read 4685 times)

Offline EHM-2309 Joshua

• Gear up
Installing Planes
« on: September 06, 2009, 11:07:19 pm »
Hi,

I need a bit of help installing some planes. The EuroHarmony planes are very nice, and the installers work really well.
However, when installing planes from POSKY/iFDG, the gauges, and sometimes, the effects folders are in the plane folder. Should they be here? Or would the game run faster if they where in the default FS9 gauges, and effects folders? If I were to move them, would the gauges still work properly? Or would I need to tell the plane where the gauges and effects are now installed?

Thanks,

Joshua

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
Re: Installing Planes
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 03:16:31 pm »
Hi Joshua,

Most of the time the effects and gauges are installed in the correct folders for you by the installer. If you find that these are not in the right (default) folders then it is a good idea to move the gauges and effects to the default FS9 folders. Gauges can work fine from the panel folder but effects won't show up if they aren't in the effects folder.

Is this a particular plane you have had problems with? If so, please let us know which one so we can check the installer is working ok...
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-2309 Joshua

• Gear up
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 05:46:27 pm »
Hi Dominic,

I basically had a complete brain melt down the other day. My computer crashed, I lost all my flight sim addons, and I cannot get it going again.  :(
I downloaded some of the iFDG and POSKY planes thinking that I could build up a fleet of British Airways planes for my flight sim. However, once they were installed on my laptop, (where I needed the help putting the right things in the right places), I decided that the EuroHarmony fleet is much better. Easier to install, visually pleasing, more variety of planes, including most of the ones that I like flying.
Also, the basic iFDG and POKSY panels on some planes did not look as good as the EuroHarmony fleet panels, and I am completely stuck when it comes to installing panels. I would prefer to have the planes coming with panels that I can use (:p) and that is exactly what EuroHarmony offers.
A quick question though, why, when I installed the Fokker 100 or Fokker 70 (I forget which one now), do I get folders in my Aircraft folder labled: PF10070v2_panel and PF10070v2_sound. What do these do? Can I put them elsewhere?
Thanks for all the help.

Joshua

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 06:41:32 pm »
Joshua,

No problem, glad I could help ;)

As to the Fokkers, the Project Fokker planes come with these folders which contain the specially designed panel and sound for the whole series of Fokker 70 & 100 planes. So those panels need to stay where they are or you'll lose the panel and sound!!

Have fun ;)
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-2309 Joshua

• Gear up
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 06:42:21 pm »
Ok, and thanks for your help.