Author Topic: New NL2000 scenery for FSX  (Read 5679 times)

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
New NL2000 scenery for FSX
« on: May 31, 2010, 10:40:46 am »
Great news for FSX flyers! The NL2000 team have released their long awaited, freeware FSX version of the NL2000 scenery! Their press release goes into more detail:-

The Netherlands 2000 Scenery Design Team proudly announces the release of our scenery for FSX. The most important changes in the new version 4.0 are:

More recent and realistic aerial imagery.
More realistic water by employing the FSX techniques. Try to make a flight over the Wadden islands.
Trees and forests placed with autogen to blend more realistic into the environment and perform better.
Most airports have been adapted to the possibilities of FSX and the airports of Rotterdam (EHRD) and Eindhoven (EHEH) have even been rebuilt from scratch with stunning results.
The military airports now also have a photo realistic ground layout and for some military airports we offer a choice between an active and a non-active version.
Many additional objects are in place to make your VFR flights more interesting, for example wind turbine parks and high voltage pylons. All these objects have been converted for optimal performance in FSX.
Modular installation: only install the parts you want to use.

Full details and download available at THE NL2000 SITE.
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-2387 Eric-Jan

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
Re: New NL2000 scenery for FSX
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 03:16:02 pm »
YESSSS!!!!!

Downloading already

Great news for FSX flyers! The NL2000 team have released their long awaited, freeware FSX version of the NL2000 scenery!
...press release...
Cannot stress that enough; I think it is amazing that such a high quality product is actually free :)

EHAM is not yet included, by the way. That still needs a little work. So we , FSX-ers, basically have 3 options:
1) Keep using the default FSX EHAM (whixh is "OK")
2) Wait for the NL-2000 EHAM update and install that one
3) Wait for the Aerosoft (Payware :( ) EHAM for FSX and install that one.

Or actually: 1) is a given, and the option we have is the choice between 2) and 3)

Judging by the screenshots I've seen of both, I think I'll first see if the NL-2000 version makes the Aerosoft one redundant (even before it hits the market  8))

Eric-Jan
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud
VA Management: Operations Officer

RCortez

Re: New NL2000 scenery for FSX
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 08:35:22 pm »
Thank you Dominic for the info ;)

anything